Drag reduction clips

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
In all honesty, I wouldn't put those on. I would strongly recommend you replace the anti-rattle clips if you have old and rusty ones. Make sure you apply brake grease to the ears of the pads where they install into the anti-rattle clips and it should work great. I had one of mine where it was hanging up from the caliper rusting out so I replaced the caliper and all is good on that. I had another where the mounting plate that the pads and caliper mount to had some rust that was pushing the anti-rattle clip up a bit and made the pads get stuck so I used a wire wheel on the mounting bracket to clean off some of the rust that was on there at the points where the brake pads mount and it fixed it. Also double check your slide pins on the brake are nice and free. If it moves but has a good deal of resistance, pull the pins out and clean out all the old grease (I used brake cleaner and let it sit in the bore for awhile and then used a q-tip to swab out all the grease until the bore was totally clean). Then apply new grease to the slide pins and you should be good.

Reactions: NateDG

NateDG

Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
Normal, Illinois
DAlastDON said:
Interesting but by themselves i can not imagine that they apply enough pressure to the caliper to push the piston in the caliper back in.
I didn't even consider that... the amazon reviews of the product are mostly overwhelmingly positive, and at 9 bucks for FR and another 9 for RR, might be worth a shot even if they suck.

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
Your caliper piston automatically withdraws to an extent. The o ring for the piston is tapered and causes it to suck back in.

I would try replacing the oem anti rattle clips first as stated above.

I do think these look interesting though, the factory rattle clips have a pretty weak spring pressure. Might be worth a try.

DanD

Mar 23, 2014
Hewitt, WI
I'd be willing to try them, too, but I suspect they would probably make little or no difference. I didn't know these were even available. I will tell you however that the F150 company truck I have does have these on it from the factory. The pads have tiny holes drilled in the edges for the wires to fit in to. The springs come with the other brake hardware when you buy new pads.

Reactions: NateDG

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online

No members online now.