Do You Think This Car Is a Good Deal?

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
willn513 said:
+1 for the body colored panel. Looks sweet.

I agree,that black panel was the biggest butcher job that Chevy ever did..what were their designers thinking:confused:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I guess I'm in the minority lol :lipsrsealed:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Lima Tango said:
The 3800 is a great engine, I have had two and they are solid and powerful, though not that efficient on gas. Expect 20-22mpg combined.

I have gotten 29.8 on hwy and the mixed tank showed about 24. Not bad.

It seems several people have owned these cars....for the 3.8 NA, are they picky on plugs like our trucks? Any advice on which it get? Also any tips or tricks to servicing the cooling system and tranny? Going to do those two before winter I think, just to be on the safe side.

D0M0

Aug 2, 2012
Yes!.they are! Stay away from bosh... Use aldeco for the plugs. Cooling system is easy biggest tip is to make sure you burp the system. If you need to know anything else I highly recommend this site www.naioa.com. It was VERY helpful for me

Oh with the tranny, drain don't flush.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
D0M0 said:
Yes!.they are! Stay away from bosh... Use aldeco for the plugs. Cooling system is easy biggest tip is to make sure you burp the system. If you need to know anything else I highly recommend this site News - NAIOA. It was VERY helpful for me

Oh with the tranny, drain don't flush.

Thanks. I was thinking NGK cause I had good luck in other GM cars with them, but will look for AC.

Will check out the site.

I would never flush a tranny...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
From what I've been told NGK actually makes AC delco plugs. Dunno if true or not. Anyway, generally on a GM I stick with AC delco plugs just to be sure. I had tried others in my old 3.8 and it ran OK but wasn't as happy with them. My current 3.8 runs NGK but that's also because it ain't stock :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online

No members online now.