Cooper Discoverer A/T3

Zapp Brannigan

Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Just put a new set of tires on my sad beast. Had general all-seasons on for the last few years, and wanted an upgrade, something a little beefier. Unfortunately, I don't have the pictures loaded on this computer, will update tomorrow with some quick pics.

When removing the old tires, one lug bolt snapped off. Friend has a shop and said that it should be no problem with the other bolts still in place but will eventually need to be fixed. This guy is super crazy (in a good way) about vehicles and wouldn't risk bad advice, so I am inclined to believe him, and normally I do not do anything aside from standard road driving anyway.

My last set of tires had some bad wear. Have had alignment issue in the past, and this last issue ruined my front set. I will admit, normally I am a search engine monkey, first resort, but I am tired and lazy and felt like being that jerk tonight lol! Alignment (or tie rod) issues a common occurrence on the 360s?

Thanks in advance all! Pictures up tomorrow!

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I don't believe that any of the suspension parts really wear any differently than other vehicles. The only parts I hear of more frequently than other are the endlinks (which have no bearing on the alignment) and the upper control arm bushings which could affect your alignment. I would get the front end off the ground and thoroughly check all of the ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, and upper and lower control arm bushings. They are all normal wear items however and the life of the components is directly affected by your demography and driving habits. (i.e. running over speed bumps at 40 mph)

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I have noticed that mine needs an alignment once or twice a year. More than I have ever had alignments done on any other vehicle I have owned. I'll get it checked/set again when I switch over to winter tires later this month or next.

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
I have been running a set of
Cooper CTS on my TB for the last 40K miles. I am upgrading to a set of Cooper AT/3 for this winter. They also have a $70.00 rebate until the end of October too!!!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The multi alignments needs are likely due to someone not properly torquing the LCA bolts

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
The multi alignments needs are likely due to someone not properly torquing the LCA bolts

They're done at the dealership (they send coupons!). I would like to think they could do it correctly, but I'll mention it when I take it in for the next one.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online