Coil spring insulators needed

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Going to order the front struts but curious if the insulators are needed. Will also replace the upper mounts but just curious.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
take a look at them first? mine looked melted so i replaced them

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
They appear to be in decent shape but haven't seen where the coil sits. Wasn't sure if it was a "must do" but for the price it seems to be a no-brainer.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
gmcman said:
Going to order the front struts but curious if the insulators are needed. Will also replace the upper mounts but just curious.

I would recommend it. Its a wear item.

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
So the struts arrived yesterday and, you would hope....that the place selling the struts would at least inform you, while you also inquiring about spring insulators that were out of stock....that they would hopefully know whether or not the new struts already CAME with them. :mad:

So now I have some non-refundable special order insulators from the dealer arriving on Monday so anyone in the need for some insulators let me know. At least they did ensure they arrived on time so I can't knock them for that but an extra step, and expense...that was not needed after exhausting EVERY parts store within 25 miles of me for the insulators. I can get back the price minus 20% for a restocking fee so anyone interested I will pay shipping, within the lower 48... I believe they are $25 for the pair.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
did you order them from rockauto?

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Struts from shkwhse and the pads from the dealer. S-hkwhse took care of me though so no hard feelings, just a snafu on their part that took up a few hours of my day calling everyone. I don't want to bash them since their cust service is great....just annoyed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Evan.wyatt

Members Online