Center console cover application help

Steevo

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
I have a 2003 GMC Envoy XL. My center console lid is badly broken. It turns out there are lots of repair parts on ebay for that.
About $13. Gee whiz. What luck.

So the ones on ebay, and there are a lot, are listed by the ebay application program as fitting the Envoy and Trailblazer, but not specified for the Envoy XL or Trailblazer Ext.

I called a wrecking yard guy and he said that part is the same between the short wb and the long. So an error in the crossover application program?

Can anyone verify those parts as the same? They come with the plastic latch and some screws but not hinges. You use your current vinyl cover. Mine is fine. I hope my hinges are usable.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Having owned both, I can say that LWB and SWB center consoles are the same.

Reactions: Blckshdw

flyboy2610

Aug 24, 2021
Lincoln, Ne.
The lid tends to get broken from people leaning their elbows on it, eventually cracking and destroying the plastic. What I did with mine was to remove the cover and install a piece of thin gauge sheet metal, using rivets to hold it to the original plastic frame. Then I re-installed the cover. Works great, won't break, and looks just like the factory lid from the outside! No pics, unfortunately, but it's easy to figure out.

Reactions: Mooseman

Sqrly

Apr 2, 2024
Livingston CA
The lid tends to get broken from people leaning their elbows on it, eventually cracking and destroying the plastic. What I did with mine was to remove the cover and install a piece of thin gauge sheet metal, using rivets to hold it to the original plastic frame. Then I re-installed the cover. Works great, won't break, and looks just like the factory lid from the outside! No pics, unfortunately, but it's easy to figure out.
I'm about to do the same. I wanted to add that I'll be using side covers from old desktop PC cases for the metal.

Reactions: flyboy2610

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online