Can "TPMS relearn" find a new sensor?

88Ironduke_1

Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
As the title states. My 08 Envoy Denali needs a TPMS sensor replaced. I have the Dorman replacement and installation should be straight forward. Question I have is will a trip to the GM Stealership be required to tell my BCM that it has a new sensor installed? There isn't much info on relearning when a new sensor is installed, just when rotating tires around the vehicle. I would love to have this system disabled but I see that the TPMS system is "required safety equipment" and has to be operational on vehicles produced after 2008. Figures....

Thoughts?

88Ironduke

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I actually started a thread on the manual relearn process. I purchased a set of OE wheels that came off of a 2006 TBSS this past spring and they came with their own TPMS sensors. After install, I followed the manual relearn procedure which was successful. The process works for rotating your tires or introducing new TPMS sensors to your vehicle. The link is below.

This winter I put my OE wheels back on and only had an issue with one TPMS sensor which I could not get to relearn during the manual process. I took it to a local tire shop and they used their tool to do the relearn. Only cost me $10. Since then I have rotated my tires and no issues with the manual relearn process.

http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/10242-tpms-sensor-relearn-matching

Reactions: Mounce and jrSS

88Ironduke_1

Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
Got squared away today. The relearn process will indeed pick up a new sensor installed. The light is off, life is good. Now if GM would kindly get rid of my intermittent service stabiltrak light I would be really happy!

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67

retiredcopper

Nov 16, 2013
I have an 07 Trailblazer LS WITHOUT the onboard DIC,so the reset process listed in the owners manuel doesn't work for me. Is there any other procedure i can follow?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online

No members online now.