Brake question

stormyday

Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Don't have much experience with brakes, changed pads a few times on a couple ford pickups is all. The wife came home and said the brake pedal all the sudden is going almost to the floor before it starts stopping on her 02 trailblazer. First I checked the brake fluid then went for a ride. The pedal isn't goin all the way down to the floor board but maybe half way before it starts stopping. Any idea what may be causing this?

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Without knowing mileage and being an '02, I wiuld take the wheels off and look at them. You could have a disintegrated pad. Could be anything. Get in there and look before it gets worse. She was probably driving faster than you and hit them harder too.

Any service history on the truck? You mentioned changing pads but, again, get in and look or have someone else.

stormyday

Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
I just bought the thing about six months ago, I had the wheels off maybe two months ago and the pads looked almost like new.

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
If the pressure isn't right, and the brake fluid level is normal, you would suspect problems with the master cylinder. Someone with more experience with the MC might be able to suggest how to check the MC for certain.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online