Biggest sub box without doing a wall

shepherd92683

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
I am certainly no box builder, hence this thread. Right now I have a box that's about 12.5 cubes. I was told that a 20 cube net enclosure will work for sure. That seems quite hard to believe becUse with 12.5 my cargo area is damn near full. Just enough room for batteries, amps etc. Whats the biggest you've seen or used? Pics, box designs and such are all welcome to be seen here. Also any input on what works most efficient on about 4500 watts of power.

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
Well, first off your in the wrong section for this, you should be here http://gmtnation.com/forums/forum/35-audio-video-components/ but what you've got to remember is biggest that will fit and biggest that will fit and leave room for batteries are 2 very different things, as for just how big you can go depends on if you keep the interior plastics in place, make a bunch of cuts to "step" the box wider as it climbs over the wheel wells, instead of just staying inbetween them, angling the front face of the box to slope with the rear seats and things like that.

the real question is what are you planning to run in this box that you think you need it that big? the box I am in the process of building right now has outside dimensions of 3'-10"x2'-4"x1'-5" which works out to 12.67 cubic feet (from which you have to subtract port sizes and speaker displacement and board thickness leaving about 8 cubic feet of airspace for running my 2 12's

shepherd92683

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Sorry about where this is posted. I am planning to run 4 sq (Soundqubed) hdc3 15's. I'm not too concerned about removing some interior plastics etc. That figure of 20 cubes came from sq themselves.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
ed5020f5.jpg

This was somewhere around 12 cubes. Had to cut out r/r plastic/metal to stash a couple batts. Had barely enough room between front of box and back of back seats for mids/high amps and fusing. The real bitch is the difference between the 52-ish inches between the plastic below the rear windows and where it narrows to 45-ish inches between wheel well humps.

A couple peeps did fit four 15's no wall (not sure of cubes) so it can be done but as you know the cargo space fills up quick.

shepherd92683

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
The problem is if I can fit it I have no idea where the batteries will go. The other is if I start removing plastic the last thing I want it to look like is what some people do with their vehicles and make them look like trash. So it's time to weigh pros and cons I guess... Still wouldn't mind seeing more pics of big box systems in TB's

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
My current setup has the batts on the sides of the box. The batt mounts put them up over the wheelwell humps and up against the plastic. My box width is like 39 or something (3 12's). I could fit 4 d3400s this way but don't need that much reserve so one per side.

There is a pic thread on trailvoy called post your audio system pics or something like that it was pretty popular back in the day. You might get some ideas off of there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online