Best way or aftermarket part to get aux port of stereo

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Looking to get a aux port in the stock bose nav system, using a fm transmitter right now but sounds like crap. Looking to use my note 2 to listen to music, saw Isimple might work. Any one have a good mod or product suggestions?

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Best way would be to go with an aftermarket radio.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
24v 4.2 said:
I could never get rid of the static / engine noise when I had this hooked up. Any known fix for it?

Did you use cat5? twisted pair resist interference.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Another idea, that I have, and love, for my GM navigation system is BlueFusion. About 30 bucks on Amazon.

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Blue fusion looks pretty cool, how do you like it? And the only one I saw on amazon was 100$?

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
I just returned my blue fusion Amazon about 2 weeks ago. I had problems with static to begin with then once I swapped out the entire harness and the unit itself through the warranty with Scosche I was then having problems with it interfering with my door locks. I would hit the unlock button on my key fob and it would unlock the rear doors and occasionally the passenger door. The drivers door locks and passenger door locks would both not unlock sometimes. Once I removed the blue fusion these problems stopped. However it burned out the lights on two of my steering wheel controls.

in the end I like the functionality of the blue fusion but it seems to interfere with our data system and also two of the steering wheel lights ended up burned out

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I love my BlueFusion. No static, no interference, no nothing. It just works. The only wire splicing required it taking 2 leads to a constant hot, and ground. Cigarette lighter was close, and got used. It takes over the XM part of the receiver, and if you don't have XM, it turns on the XM band, but for dedicated BlueFusion.

On the Amazon site, click on USED. There are new ones listed there, open box, and the like. That's where I got mine. It was brand new, missing the plastic box it came in. They have them listed there starting at 21 bucks.

Theres one listed for 29 bucks plus ship, in retail package.

Instrumental

Jan 29, 2012
TK, you've got your Bluefusion hooked to a Saab had unit if i recall correctly. I just I stalled a Blufusion on my Saab and I can't get he HU to exit from Bluefusion and go to XM. Are you able to?

Instrumental

Jan 29, 2012
Oops, turned out the connection to the XM didn't click all the way in, so it wasn't seeing an XM option. Now, sadly, I get distorted XM. It seems it needs a replacement harness, others have said Scoche will send one out no problem. Guess I'll see.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I don't have the XM unit. Just the BlueFusion. So I cant help on that one..

But yes, it is a BlueFusion hooked into a 2 disc Saab Nav System, in my GMC Envoy.

chief0299

Jul 1, 2013
Just to be clear...

If I have a stock stereo, NON bose, NO XM or anything... will the bluefusion still work? Everything I'm seeing says it won't.

Instrumental

Jan 29, 2012
They have a chart with directions for non-XM stuff. Mine came with 2 wiring harness, I'm pretty sure one is for a non XM. It does require finding a power source it looks like, while the XM is plug and play.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Not sure on the non-Bose. But my radio did not have XM. It came with 2 harnesses, like mentioned above, to make it work. The big issue is to make sure your radio has the word "Band" and not "AM/FM".

Decado

Sep 16, 2013
I just installed the PAC AAI-GM12 adapter in my truck last night. It works great but it's probably not the best option for those not comfortable with splicing in a power and ground line. If you do know the basics about that, it's extremely simple and a great cheap solution for adding an aux input to the factory stereo. It took me under an hour to do start to finish. Hardest part for me was taking the center panel apart because it was the first time I've done that and my haynes manual was very vague about removing those panels.

joeredspecial

Mar 23, 2012
Decado said:
I just installed the PAC AAI-GM12 adapter in my truck last night. It works great but it's probably not the best option for those not comfortable with splicing in a power and ground line. If you do know the basics about that, it's extremely simple and a great cheap solution for adding an aux input to the factory stereo. It took me under an hour to do start to finish. Hardest part for me was taking the center panel apart because it was the first time I've done that and my haynes manual was very vague about removing those panels.

I just ordered one, I'll be doing this on Saturday.

My 6+ year old PIE GM12-AUX just died on me (I think I killed it with static electricity :sadcry:) All my research shows that my lack of XM means an AUX device like this is my only option. I wish I could just do the $3 mod.

Also where are you guys finding Bluefusion so cheap?!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Amazon. If you look in the used area, they are selling them new in there for dirt cheap.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Bluefusion Bfcl2K Hands-Free Bluetooth Integration for Select GM Class Ii Vehicles

Edit: They are about double the price what I paid for mine.

And eBay. [EBAY]161241833099[/EBAY]

I bought the BFCL2K. Worked like a charm with my OE 6disc, and my Saab Navi. It wont work if you have an 02, and I seem to remember the 03. Unless you have replaced your radio with one that says Band instead of AM/FM.

snipe1080

Sep 17, 2013
Does anyone know if this will work on a TB without XM? My 04 has an AUX button but just has a CD Player. I'm moving across the country later this year and would like to hook up my phone for Streaming music and GPS. I've been looking at the PAC AAI-GM12 but I keep seeing little snippets about how people already have a CD changer or XM. I would really like to get something hooked up.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
My 04 envoy did not have xm. The bluefusion just plugged in and started working.

It's not the AUX button you have to worry about. It's making sure it has the word band, and not am/fm. Am/fm is a no go. Band means the radio has the xm controls to allow the iSimple or bluefusion to work

I have since installed a iSimple into my avalanche. I love the iSimple, but it causes my headunit to crash and reboot constantly. But the iSimple allows me to install a USB dongle, and HD Radio.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
My 04 envoy did not have xm. The bluefusion just plugged in and started working.

It's not the AUX button you have to worry about. It's making sure it has the word band, and not am/fm. Am/fm is a no go. Band means the radio has the xm controls to allow the iSimple or bluefusion to work

I have since installed a iSimple into my avalanche. I love the iSimple, but it causes my headunit to crash and reboot constantly. But the iSimple allows me to install a USB dongle, and HD Radio.

Have you checked for firmware updates?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Yes. Firmware was up to date.

Instrumental

Jan 29, 2012
Could not get Bluefusion to pass through the XM without static or distortion, even with a second harness sent out by them. Works great for playing music and phone calls, but mine just won't do the XM.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online