Before Tranquility Base: The Origins of The NASA Apollo Program

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
“Before Tranquility Base...”

If you have even a passing fancy about the subject of Human Space Travel due to the miraculous contemporary engineering achievements of SpaceX courtesy Elon Musk and the successful Multi-Stage launches of the Falcon 9 Rockets… this very technical retrospective looking back at the origins of the NASA Apollo 11 Multi-Stage Rocket and Amazing RocketDyne F-1 Engine will completely fascinate you:

https://history.nasa.gov/SP-4206/contents.htm

The Chinese have a very cool saying:

“May You Live in Interesting Times...”

I have been fortunate to say that I have done exactly that ...and while I probably won’t live long enough to see Men and Women from Earth land successfully upon and Colonize the Planet Mars… most of you will. Forgive me my envy of you all… not for your lives, longevity and fortunes… but for the chance to actually see these things finally come to pass... first hand.

While growing up as kid during "The Cold War" at the very beginning of The Space Age, I can remember looking up at the night time skies and wondering whether the Rockets and Satellites whizzing by overhead were either benevolent and bearing scientific treasures, or acting instead as the Harbingers carrying cargoes of “WHID” (White Hot Incandescent Death)… bound for the Thermo-Nuclear End of the World.

We need to become a Multi-Planet Species and hedge our bets as best we can that should worse comes to worse… in a few centuries… we could eventually come back home to “The Good Earth”. For more information about NASA and the Orion Program and the wonderful private efforts and videos about the SpaceX Falcon 9 Space Ships, Falcon Heavy and the Falcon Merlin Rocket Engines… Please visit:

www.nasa.gov
www.spacex.com

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online