Bad/broken hose connected to the throttle body, don't know what hose is that

SLiNv_Vic

Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
I changed the spark plugs this weekend and also got the TB cleaned. So I was taking out the throttle body I saw a hose attached to TB is aging/broken so badly!! I don't know what's that hose but I got some pics. As you can see place connected to the joint is very loose, you can just slide it off... what's the function of this hose and where can I purchase a new one... ? Thank you in adcance!!!
tumblr_nqpzwxkOpg1uzg8bzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nqpzwxkOpg1uzg8bzo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nqpzwxkOpg1uzg8bzo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nqpzwxkOpg1uzg8bzo4_1280.jpg

felicie

Jan 13, 2013
That's the vent line for the evap purge solenoid, that's the hose that goes from the solenoid to the throttle body. Not the one from the canister. It vent the vapor out the gas tank through the TB.

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
Interesting, if the hard line itself is broken, and not just the protective jacket around it, I would expect your check engine light to be on.

If you do need to replace it I found the following part numbers:
12597877 or 12586333

SLiNv_Vic

Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
felicie said:
That's the vent line for the evap purge solenoid, that's the hose that goes from the solenoid to the throttle body. Not the one from the canister. It vent the vapor out the gas tank through the TB.

AtlWrk said:
Interesting, if the hard line itself is broken, and not just the protective jacket around it, I would expect your check engine light to be on.

If you do need to replace it I found the following part numbers:
12597877 or 12586333
Thanks for yall help! But part# 12597877 from parts sites says "Assemblies: ST155 VAPOR CANISTER LINES & CANISTER" does it mean it's a canister line? Since felicie says it's not the one from canister...

The protective jacket around it is definitely broken... but I think the tube is cracked too because there's a part of the tube seems curl together after it cracks. It's like a crack and upper part curls in to the lower part of the tube so it's not a huge leak, maybe that's why the CEL is not lit.

felicie

Jan 13, 2013
That tube will not set the CEL because it's open from the purge valve to the TB. The valve is what holds and releases pleasure from the evap system.

SLiNv_Vic

Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
Thank you you all :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm just a noob trying to learn DIY~ appreciate everything you shared!!

felicie

Jan 13, 2013
Anyone who can get pleasure from that hose is in trouble. Thanks I did not catch that.

felicie

Jan 13, 2013
Pleasure leaks are the worst aren't they, going on forever and hard to get rid of.

Reactions: SLiNv_Vic

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online