Ascender Rear Bumper

jcoe78

Original poster
Jan 6, 2014
I have an '05 Ascender 7 passenger. Does anyone know if the rear bumper from the 5 passenger version is the same? I've been looking for a used part online and I can't discern any difference from the photos, but I'd hate to spend the money only to find out it doesn't fit directly.

James

gmac310

Dec 4, 2011
I would say so, I don't think any of the GMTs use different bumpers between their SWB and LWB versions.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
From what I see online, they should be identical...
- They look the same, cosmetically
- Any site that I access that sells them does *not* specify SWB vs LWB

This page shows all MY and trims - and if you expand the list, it certainly appears the one part (OEM #: 8123356260) fits all...

https://www.worldoemparts.com/world...-components-rear-scat/?part_name=bumper-cover

I might be wrong, but I'd say you have > 95% chance they're exactly the same.

And to @gmac310's point - I know that there's no difference in the Envoy bumper covers, for any year (outside of the Denali trim, and that's cosmetic - you could still fit one to any other Envoy).

jcoe78

Original poster
Jan 6, 2014
Thanks. That helps. I'll let you know if we turn out to be wrong :wink:

James

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
No one's wrong on this one, there are no differences in fitment between the different wheel bases and their respective bumpers.

Only time you would run into an issue is if you decided to swap to a different sibling on the platform. You'd run into body line issues with the grille, lights and wheel wells/fenders :twocents:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online