Are YOU a flasher?!?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There's been a lot of people driving around with lights off lately, especially here with mandatory DRL's and newer vehicles, because of the way dashboards are lit up with the lights off. They honestly think their lights are on. I flash them but they just flash me back and keep on going with the lights off. At least GM has auto headlights :yes:

Too Fast

Jan 28, 2014
Mooseman said:
There's been a lot of people driving around with lights off lately, especially here with mandatory DRL's and newer vehicles, because of the way dashboards are lit up with the lights off. They honestly think their lights are on. I flash them but they just flash me back and keep on going with the lights off. At least GM has auto headlights :yes:

Not a fan of DRLs. Glad they are not mandated here in the US.

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
One thing for us all to remember, especially those of us with modded headlights, is that when and if we do flash someone (that just sounds funny) that it needs to be quick, especially when done after dark. During the day it isn't too bad, but after night if you flash someone and hold back on the stalk for very long or just put them on high beam until they get the message, you not only have become an a-hole yourself, but you have also caused the other driver to be blinded by 4 or 6 lights that you've got blasting right in his face. Flash to warn people of things you think they should be aware of, but just make it quick enough that they can see it but don't see spots, they'll appreciate the gesture a lot more that way.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Envoy_04 said:
One thing for us all to remember, especially those of us with modded headlights, is that when and if we do flash someone (that just sounds funny) that it needs to be quick, especially when done after dark. During the day it isn't too bad, but after night if you flash someone and hold back on the stalk for very long or just put them on high beam until they get the message, you not only have become an a-hole yourself, but you have also caused the other driver to be blinded by 4 or 6 lights that you've got blasting right in his face. Flash to warn people of things you think they should be aware of, but just make it quick enough that they can see it but don't see spots, they'll appreciate the gesture a lot more that way.

I had someone hit me with their brights when they were parked on the other side of the road. It was great, made it impossible to see the dead deer in the road that turned into a 2' speed bump in an old cavalier..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online