Anyone know what this plug is for? (Under steering column)

Sqrly

Original poster
Apr 2, 2024
Livingston CA
There's a loose 4 pin plug hanging under my steering column. I don't know what it is for. Photo #3 is the wires just before they go into the main harness thats goes out through the firewall. Clearly they are not the same as the wires at the plug.

PS The "wire cutter" is removed in those photos. I haven't owned a GM in a long time but it seems in 04 they were still hanging wires near sharp metal edges. The harness in my 80 Z-28 went up in smoke while I was driving it due to this bad habit of theirs.

Plug 01.jpgPlug 02.jpgPlug 03.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Looks like it once had a brake controller as the wires that it's connected to are for the trailer brakes. Those wires are normally blunt cut and taped from the factory. Look further up that set of wires for a label with wire colours and designation.

Sqrly

Original poster
Apr 2, 2024
Livingston CA
Thanks.

That was my 1st guess but I wasn't sure. The guy who sold it to me told me he used to pull a travel trailer with it. (As i thought to myself that's the second worst thing you can say to someone your trying to sell a vehicle to, right behind "I used it for crime") :rolleyes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online