Any Equestrians, or fellow caretakers, around?

nieman88

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
e·ques·tri·an
of or relating to horse riding.

Just wanting to know, since there are plenty of people on this site.
If you that care for horses or ride for pleasure, work, train or show. Post here your adventures, awesome or physically painful stories, and anything silly your horse did or still does..
For those of you that are just caretakers (like me) you can chime in to.
And even if you've been on a horse once and hated/loved it it would be fun to read the story.

If you also hunt, have you ever used your horse to retrieve your kill?
I know ranch horses need to be able to be around dead livestock but deer, turkey, and bear are a different story.

nieman88

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Mother stuck me on a pony for a ride when i was three years old, not knowing that i would become a fanatic from that day on.
Posters all over my walls were not of celebrities of any kind but of horses. :biggrin: I didn't have any dollies, I had Grand Champions and Breyers. As for reading, all of my books were about horses.
I asked for a pony every Christmas and birthday. Then one year my mother signed me up for ridding lessons. I was eight years old. It was then I learned that in order for me to have a pony I had to learn how to take care of one and clean their stalls, but since I was soo little and that barn didnt allow customers to help I had to wait until I was bigger. It was at that age that I decided I wanted to care for horses and clean stalls for a living. hahaha.
And that's what im doing now.

I have owned one horse so far, and sold him. :sadcry: Dont worry, hes at a good home but it will be a long time before I find another im comfortable with.
He is an awesome horse. I have a few good stories of a few night rides we went on.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Wife likes to ride. She wants a stable someday. I never turn down a chance to go.

Attachments

• WP_000412.jpg
    WP_000412.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
We have been getting ready to add an equestrian team to our search and rescue team.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online