Am I the only one that hates going in and trying to fix other peoples f*** ups? :P

NinjuhhNutz

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
so I just started at a shop near my place as an installer for lighting/audio/video wheels/tires blah blah blah the whole 9 yards. Yesterday we get a 2011 Tundra in, and the guy wants a remote start and keyless entry installed...long story short, I spent almost 11 hours on the thing and couldn't get it working, after admitting defeat, we go tell the guy, and he replies (in similar words) "oh ok, the other shop couldn't get it working either, thanks for trying" .....................................................................

^those are the beeps that came out of all of our mouths after he left...lol

below is a pic of a car that was brought to my shop to fix (before I started, but I've been assured that it is a regular occurence for us to get work that others call "professional" and we have to fix.

539149_477917898894603_2011036051_n.jpg

anyone else have stories of things similar happening? Charlie Foxtrots that others have made, that you have had to clear up?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
so thats speaker/amp wiring right??? what the heck did he do to his stock harness that would stump 2 shops :eek: :no: Team Prius

And I work for the "phone company" I know your pain. I walk into rooms supporting high rises with 800+ units and I need to find one wire. Usually the last time the room was numbered properly was when it was all installed.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
The only screw up I had to fix was when my husband put restore in the truck and nearly killed it. I ended up with a shitty blown CPAS and needing to do an oil flush lol. Since then he has managed to not hurt my truck to badly. :raspberry:

The only other incident I can think of was when my girlfriend and I were driving down the highway in Texas when she blew a tire. We got out to change it only to find that her stupid boyfriend JB welded the nuts on all 4 tires :hissyfit:

NinjuhhNutz

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
so thats speaker/amp wiring right??? what the heck did he do to his stock harness that would stump 2 shops :eek: :no: Team Prius

And I work for the "phone company" I know your pain. I walk into rooms supporting high rises with 800+ units and I need to find one wire. Usually the last time the room was numbered properly was when it was all installed.

no idea man...I'm just glad to be done with it, my remote start install took nowhere near that long (if you turn a blind eye to the *oh shit...I just dropped a wrech and shorted something out* moment...but we won't speak of that, again...EVER :lipsrsealed: lol

Voymom said:
The only screw up I had to fix was when my husband put restore in the truck and nearly killed it. I ended up with a shitty blown CPAS and needing to do an oil flush lol. Since then he has managed to not hurt my truck to badly. :raspberry:

The only other incident I can think of was when my girlfriend and I were driving down the highway in Texas when she blew a tire. We got out to change it only to find that her stupid boyfriend JB welded the nuts on all 4 tires :hissyfit:

JB weld on the lugs? hahahahaha maybe the thought it was thread locker? just trying to keep you guys safe, in his own special way :rotfl:

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
At one job, I was working low voltage construction on a brand new Walmart store. The previous crew cut over 60 wires too short throughout the entire store. They also managed to incorrectly label wires. Some weren't labeled at all, and some labels were just unlegible. Not just short runs either. Some runs were over a thousand feet. We had to trace down and repull wires for weeks.

We also had to run wires to the roof top heating/cooling units after the ceiling grids and tiles had been installed.

We were so far behind that we were running conduit while the Walmart crews were stocking the shelves with product.

I feel ya.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Nope...he JB welded them because he was tired of the lugs coming loose. It took my girlfriend a few hours at a shop and several hundred dollars to fix his dumb ass mistake.

Jul 24, 2012
Shoot, man, if you are getting paid for it, sorting out and fixing the mess other people made is great job security. I swear it's half my work in home improvements.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
6716 said:
Shoot, man, if you are getting paid for it, sorting out and fixing the mess other people made is great job security. I swear it's half my work in home improvements.

I'd completely agree if I didn't have to put in 12 hour days and drive 60 miles to the other side of the twin cities, while being pressured several times a day to get it done.

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
I use to do a lot of residential prewires for home automation, alarms, video surviellance, etc. This one house we prewired the living room for a full home theater. The owner wanted a large plasma mounted on the wall, so during construction we blocked out the wall with 2" x 6", wires, electrical boxes, etc. We came back when the home owners where moving in and mounted/tested all their system. They called me two days later and said that there was a leak at the base of the wall under the plasma and its soaking the hardwood :eek: Ran back to investigate, took down the plasma and cut away the drywall to see what the hell was going on. I found a 4 inch sewer downpipe directly behind our mount that we had unknowingly drilled two lag bolts into. So every time the toilet was flushed on the second floor water came through behind the tv. After we left the construction/prewire stage the plumbers decided they weren't completely finished and they'd move a few things around, including taking out some of our blocked wall supports and replacing it with the sewer pipe. :mad:
%^&*%^(&^#*&$)&@#($_(#@*$_(*$#(*&@#(^%)(&#_)*$@)*#$+@)#$holes

NinjuhhNutz

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
Voymom said:
Nope...he JB welded them because he was tired of the lugs coming loose. It took my girlfriend a few hours at a shop and several hundred dollars to fix his dumb ass mistake.
ahhhh....well in that case lol
maybe you should introduce him to threadlocker :tongue:
or just not let him anywhere near your ride

6716 said:
ya know...this is very true, hadn't really thought about it like that
NewfieEnvoy said:
I use to do a lot of residential prewires for home automation, alarms, video surviellance, etc. This one house we prewired the living room for a full home theater. The owner wanted a large plasma mounted on the wall, so during construction we blocked out the wall with 2" x 6", wires, electrical boxes, etc. We came back when the home owners where moving in and mounted/tested all their system. They called me two days later and said that there was a leak at the base of the wall under the plasma and its soaking the hardwood :eek: Ran back to investigate, took down the plasma and cut away the drywall to see what the hell was going on. I found a 4 inch sewer downpipe directly behind our mount that we had unknowingly drilled two lag bolts into. So every time the toilet was flushed on the second floor water came through behind the tv. After we left the construction/prewire stage the plumbers decided they weren't completely finished and they'd move a few things around, including taking out some of our blocked wall supports and replacing it with the sewer pipe. :mad:
%^&*%^(&^#*&$)&@#($_(#@*$_(*$#(*&@#(^%)(&#_)*$@)*#$+@)#$holes

ahhhhh...*I got the poo on me* hahahahahaha sorry bro, couldn't resist :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online