All dash lights on

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
On my way to work today, out of the blue, every light on my dashboard lit up.

I was just cruising along at about 60mph.

Like when you turn the key on before you start it. CEL, Traction control etc.. every warning light. Also, all if my gauges went dead. At the same time, my radio shut off.

I turned the key to start while I was driving. That reset the lights and gauges started working.

The car continued to run fine. I felt no adverse affects to drivability when it happened. No stumble, no nothing. Just lit up like a pinball machine.

The radio would not turn back on until I stopped, turn the car off and then turned the key back on

Any thoughts on what could possibly cause this?

Thank You

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'd check the usual suspects, ignition switch and grounds.

Btw, you can turn the switch to the start position while running to reset everything. I do that for the stabilitrak light because of the flaky SWPS.

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata

Btw, you can turn the switch to the start position while running to reset everything. I do that for the stabilitrak light because of the flaky SWPS.
I assume you are referring to "drive" mode as opposed to "engine running" mode. :smile:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Some added Diagnostic Suggestions:

(1) Inspect and Check the Battery Terminals for signs of Corrosion and Tightness.

(2) LOAD-STRESS Test the Battery via a Visit to AutoZone for their FREE Diagnostic.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I assume you are referring to "drive" mode as opposed to "engine running" mode. :smile:
Either. You can do this while driving too.

Reactions: jmonica and mrrsm

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ

Thanks Moose. That's exactly what I did to reset everything, because I do that to get rid of the Stabilitrac light as well. I've replaced the SWPS twice and the light went away for a month or two both times, but came back. I'm not buying a third one.

I can't help but feel there's a ground problem somewhere causing multiple problems. Gonna spend the day trying to find every ground and cleaning / repairing all of them before I do anything else.

I had bad ground on the left frame rail that caused my braking system warning lights to come on.

Reactions: Mooseman

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Some added Diagnostic Suggestions:

(1) Inspect and Check the Battery Terminals for signs of Corrosion and Tightness.

(2) LOAD-STRESS Test the Battery via a Visit to AutoZone for their FREE Diagnostic.
Thank You. I'm going to do a thorough check of all of the grounds and have the battery tested.

Reactions: mrrsm and Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod