alignment camber out of spec

jtesi8

Mar 20, 2013
It's not that bad. I wouldn't worry about it as long as it goes straight. That will not wear the tires uneven. There is an adjustment for it if it becomes worse.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Looks like worn lower ball joints.

Raise the RF wheel by the lower control arm until the tire is an inch off the ground. Use a prybar and lift up the tire and observe the lower ball joint. Does it compress? If so I would change it.

tbuckalew14

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
gmcman said:
Looks like worn lower ball joints.

Raise the RF wheel by the lower control arm until the tire is an inch off the ground. Use a prybar and lift up the tire and observe the lower ball joint. Does it compress? If so I would change it.

I actually took it in for alignment because I just changed the upper and lower ball joints.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Interesting..could be worn lower bushings or upper control arm bushings but hard to say. I don't know if the LCA has camber adjustments, think it's only caster. Someone else can chime in on that.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Right has an extra degree of caster as well,.... :undecided: did you change the whole lower control arm or just the lower ball joint?

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
jtesi8 said:
I do alignments and there are adjusts for both camber and caster

There you have it.....I would take it back and have them align your vehicle like you paid for it. I went through this myself with the caster and they said I need to pay an extra $80 bucks or so for the caster.....I kindly declined the payment and told them I already paid for an alignment.

Adding camber blocks or something I would understand....but not loosening a couple bolts.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online