air spring to coil conversion (do i need coil spring isolators?)

Black_Bravada

Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
hey folks! sorry ive been searching everywhere couldn't find a straight answer therefore i post..

anyways i gave up on the air suspension on my '02 Bravada...turns out my compressor is taking a crap..so i bought, from strutmasters.com a nice conversion kit with nice new red coil springs and new shocks...it said i'd receive everything i need to convert including any mounts (if necessary)..well all i got was two new springs and two new shock absorbers...

do i need spring isolators, or seats, or mounts whatever they are really called??? what are they for exactly and what do they do?? and wheres the best place i could buy some?

thanks! -Chad

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
there is a rubber isolator that goes on top. probably for isolating vibration, etc. not critical but cheap enough that you might as well get them

RockAuto Parts Catalog

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
it would appear so

001211TS07-107.JPG

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAsse...9548&ukey_driveLine=6218&ukey_trimLevel=15078

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have done a few conversions for people and never bothered with the isolator. No complaints on vibration or noise. I am not even sure if I have them since I have changed my springs multiple times.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieH

Members Online