After TB clean...won't start

Yomamma0103

Original poster
Aug 30, 2013
Alright...I cleaned my throttle body again, and forgot to disconnect the batt or pull the fuse. Put it back together, and started the trailblazer. It was then I realized I had not disconnected the batt. High idle, then down to 300 or so rpm,,spitting and sputtering (CEL,stabilitrac, and loos of power light on)
Disconnected the batt for a few min, then tried it again, all seemed fine after I reconnected and started it up. Took it down the road. Ran great till I hit about 3500rpm. It then lights came back on (CEL, stabilitrac, and loss of power) and dropped back down to 300 or so rpm.
Limped it home, turned it off. Now when I turn the key, I only get a CEL. Trailblazer will not even turn over. Do I need to do a PCM relearn? Or??

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Please complete your profile so we know what vehicle we are talking about. I gather from your post we are talking about an 06+ 360/370, but that is it.

I highly recommend getting the codes if you can pull them and either disconnect the battery or pull a fuse for about 30 minutes, and then see what it does.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Go back over everything and make sure everything is plugged in.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
triz said:

This. All harnesses should be properly seated with the retaining clips installed.

All hoses should be attached firmly, and if applicable their clamps tightened.

Throttle body harness and hose.
Intake resonator hose(s).
IAT sensor harness, if disconnected.
MAF sensor harness, if disconnected.

Also inspect the wiring, there is a chance if you were not careful that you put a cut in a wire somewhere when handling it.

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
triz said:
Agreed. Also disconnect the battery as you should have in the first place. Leave it unplugged for a half hour. Drink a beer, have a sandwich. Reconnect.

Jared

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
I agree on the electrical connections, did you accidently pull on the wires of the TB harness or just the connector? Sometimes disconnecting and reseating the harnesses helps, this is good to have to ensure the contacts are clean and free of grease, just let it dry for a few seconds.

Attachments

• Electronics cleaner spray.jpg
    Electronics cleaner spray.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 32

Yomamma0103

Original poster
Aug 30, 2013
I got it...went out this morning...sober. disconnected batt, waited, then looked over what I did last night. I forgot to connect the hose under the air box. I guess it goes into a "safe mode" or something and won't let drunk dummys run it while its running like that.
Connected batt and truck runs, just have high idle and CEL on. Will get codes read and hopefully in time the high idle goes down after it "relearns"

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Yomamma0103 said:
I got it...went out this morning...sober. disconnected batt, waited, then looked over what I did last night. I forgot to connect the hose under the air box. I guess it goes into a "safe mode" or something and won't let drunk dummys run it while its running like that.
Connected batt and truck runs, just have high idle and CEL on. Will get codes read and hopefully in time the high idle goes down after it "relearns"

That bottom-side hose is easy to miss as it's hidden fairly well if you've put the air box in place first. Exacerbated by being on the home-stretch and wanting to get 'er done, drunk OR sober. :rotfl:

The high idle should come down with some driving. Stop and go in a neighborhood, and a bit of highway should bring it down.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online