AC Condensation Drainage tube

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Long story short, i was poking around in my engine trying to figure out where a leak was, turns out it was just condensation which i didnt realize happened when you were using heat (thought it was just an AC thing lol, i have since been corrected). While i was poking...the small, black, 3-4 in, L-Shaped drain tube popped off...while i was feeling around for where the water was coming from since i couldnt see the source. Well it has been off for a couple weeks now because i couldnt see it when i accidentally bumped it. I know the general area it came from, under a bunch of tubes leading into the car, but cant see where to connect it. If i have to i will go under the car and try to do it from there, but here lies the question...Do i have to reattach it? If i leave it off will any harm be done?
My Envoy is an 04, the tube does not look like it broke off, no jagged edges or anything, just looks like it pops in somewhere.
BTW, i did look at other posts on the subject, but they were talking about clogged ones and why their passenger side carpet was soaked.

Shana

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
acdrain3-orig.jpg

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
the roadie said:

yea i found that picture, it doesnt look anything like what i see when i look down into my engine, unless that is the view from under the car?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
How bout this pic, passanger side firewall. You'll just see the tube on yours that it presses on to.

Attachments

• DSC02200.jpg
    DSC02200.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 47

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
How bout this pic, passenger side firewall. You'll just see the tube on yours that it presses on to.

ok, that helps a little to know what im looking for, im planning on checking tomorrow after classes while its still light out :smile: i thought i would be looking for a hole, not a nob with a hole under it lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online