5.3L Oil Leak - What is this part?

bitterdog69

Original poster
Feb 28, 2016
arizona
Ive got this oil leak that appears to be coming from this T connection. What is that connector so I can buy one and replace it?

06 Envoy XL Denali 5.3L

Thanks

2u6l3s4.jpg
ztt1zr.jpg

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
From the connector type, it is either a fuel line or a heater hose. I really can't see where it goes to or from. Maybe follow it back in either direction and see what it attaches to.

I'll try to remember to look when I head out for lunch. I need to check my oil anyway.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I checked my truck for those hoses and that fitting. That is a heater hose. The oil may be from the dipstick if you aren't careful when pulling the dipstick out. I can see where it may drip on that fitting. That is about all I can think of for how oil would get there.

I would clean it with brake clean and see if the contamination reappears. But careful when checking your oil to ensure no drips from the dipstick on that fitting. Are you losing coolant at an appreciable rate (or even a not so appreciable rate!)? If so, it could be the antifreeze is wetting the fitting and dirt is sticking to it.

DenaliXXL

Mar 4, 2016
Ellington, CT
That part is a quick disconnect Tee fitting for the heater hoses, the metal lines lead toward the water pump, and the perpendicular connection leads back to the heater core, I actually JUST finished replacing that Tee fitting and the perpendicular hose (what a PITA!) a few hours ago. That oil buildup is definitely suspect in that area, because something must be spraying oil onto that connection, as the dipstick is below (and that's not from a "drip") and the oil filler neck is a ways away, unless the last person to fill the oil was a bit sloppy and splashed some around. Best bet is to definitely clean all that with degreaser, and watch it closely to see where the source is. Good luck!

Reactions: Bow_Tied

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online