$3.00 aux XM hack second look...

Limestone

Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
When I first read about adding the aux to my 05' tb I thought it was awesome. But after a couple months of use I still can't get cthe static/hum to go away. I'm using cat5 that I got from a Ethernet cable I had laying around. I went with the 3 prong jack, BC I never used my xm anyway. Twisted two wires for each prong and soldered them at both ends. I even recently bought a ground loop from PAC that goes in line with aux. Has anyone found better method for adding aux without replacing factory Bose? I'm using my Galaxy s3 as my audio input thats dash mounted. I've seen the Isimple and PAC aux kits. I like the xm set up just because in the past FM modulating seemed to never be great quality. If there's a better method for $6.00 let me know lol. Thanks all.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I don't believe there's a better method for $6. However, I used a hard wired FM modulator and it's a thing of beauty, no static, engine noise or whatever else.

Limestone

Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
Matt said:
I don't believe there's a better method for $6. However, I used a hard wired FM modulator and it's a thing of beauty, no static, engine noise or whatever else.

That would be wonderful. Care to tell me what you're using or make a recommendations?

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
Matt said:

I have one of these too. Mine works great with my cell phone as a music player. Except while it's charging, then I have some feedback. Mine could benefit from the Pac unit. I used one in my Passat and it took care of all the static.

This what I'm using.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LUDFXI/?tag=gmtnation-20

This is the PAC unit I used in my Passat to take care of the static from the cell phone charger.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LWV77Y/?tag=gmtnation-20

Instrumental

Jan 29, 2012
I added the BlueFusion unit, it plugs in between the XM and factory radio. All plug and play, no cutting or splicing. The only problem is that I get interference on the XM passthrough, but if you're not using XM that's not a problem. The phone does bluetooth streaming and handsfree phone if you add the mic (included in kit). I picked mine up on Amazon as a damaged package, but it was purely cosmetic. Scosch even sent me a replacement harness for the XM issue, but that didn't really fix it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramblinjon

Members Online