2005 Escalade, Front Air not Blowing.

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
So today was my first time driving the Escalade and it comes with the Digital Climate control. For the life of me I could not figure out how to turn the damn thing on (I'm used to Manuel Control on my TrailBlazer). After playing with it I set it up so it "should: have started blowing cold air but I got nothing. The rear climate control works great and is Ice Cold but I got nothing from the front vents. The only time I had any kind of air come out is when the truck was in motion, as soon as I stopped, so did the air.

Now from what I've read on other forums, since the air is working in the rear and is Ice Cold but there's no action happening in the front, that it is the HVAC blower motor under the Dash?

I wanted to see if anyone else has had this experience.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
You should be able to hear the fan if it's running. Does the air come out any where at any setting? Bad fuse?

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:
You should be able to hear the fan if it's running. Does the air come out any where at any setting? Bad fuse?

I can hear the compressor turn on when the system comes on but I get no air at any fan speed ranging from lowest to highest. I checked fuzes and everything was good. I even replaced it for good measure to see if it would fix it but had no luck.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Check your fuses. A lot of GM trucks have problems with the blower, usually it is a speed control problem, very few complaints of no blower.

If fuses (check the ones marked HVAC) are good, the blower motor, or the blower wiring, could be bad. It's under the dash, on the passenger side. You may need to pull it out of there to inspect.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online

No members online now.