2002 Voy - Clicking Noise + Reduce Engine Power

SurJones

Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
Issue Fixed * but good info I think - Video of issue ---> [video=youtube;1B3CKDy7bBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B3CKDy7bBk[/video]

Hey Everyone!

We have a 2002 GMC Envoy. No issues to speak of until last night. We went to a friend's house for a dinner party yesterday and then we started home when it was over. We got maybe a mile away from their house (in the middle of nowhere) on a straight-away, and all of a sudden the voy wouldn't go any faster than 5 miles per hour, and the "Reduced Engine Power" light came on. We went several yards, and pulled into a side street. We turned it off, put it in neutral and started her back up. It started to go for a few seconds normally with the check light off, then the same thing happened with the reduced engine power light and speed. This happened another time until we decided to turn back to our friends' house. We let it sit in the driveway turned off for 30 minutes, and no change. Me and my buddies added some oil to see if that would help (I was running a little low), and nothing. We spent an hour under the hood checking things to see if there was anything wrong and disconnected the battery and let it sit the whole time. Checked the manual, and all it said was to get it to a service place as soon as possible. My friend had to drive us home (40 minutes away) at 1:00am in the morning, and the Envoy is still parked in their driveway. Please help!!! My wife and I only have the one vehicle, and we both have work tomorrow morning! One more thing - when we turn the key over to ACC, we get a really fast clicking sound.

Resolution - 5 Pull A Parts (Junk Yards) to pull a throttle body. Cost of throttle body was $29.99. YEA~! Cleaned and installed runs like a champ, and just a tad bit more responsive then it used to be!

Glad to be over here - sucky about politics ruining the other site!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Glad you're here. REP is involved with the throttle body sensors, the accel pedal sensors, and (of all things) the fan clutch. A sensor or wiring failure will give you those symptoms. Lucky guess it was the TB instead of the other two things.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online

No members online now.