18" Trailblazer Wheels (5311)

Status
Not open for further replies.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
My brand new 17" tires are installed and looking good. So I am sticking with my current wheels, no more interest in 18"s

My truck has 17" wheels, and I'm looking to upgrade to the 18's. I need new tires too so now is the time to upgrade both. The tires are easy to find but the wheels are harder to find at a good price.

This is the wheel I'm looking for (Not my photo):
PC100007.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Those are my second favorite OEM wheel next to the TBSS wheels. How much are you looking to spend? I know partgeek.com sells the 18" wheel brand new for $180 per wheel and shipping for all (4) wheels is only $10. Rockauto.com has the wheels for $170 per wheel, but another $50 for shipping.

Most other companies out there I checked out are selling refurbished/reconditioned used wheels and are selling them for about the same price.

If you are willing to spend a bit more, NorcalSS sells replica SS wheels. Set of (4) $975 shipped for chrome and gloss black $895 shipped. He also has tire packages with the wheels. Add about $950 to each package. He also includes new TPMS sensors with his wheel/tire packages as well. http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=7

Reactions: fletch09

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Some guy on ebay periodically sells a set of what he claims are "new" 5311 wheels for $90 a wheel with free shipping, but no center cap. I assume they are replicas. But I kept trying to email him over and over and over to ask a few questions and I never got a response. And he doesn't have any listed right now. $180 per wheel is well out of my budget for this. I guess I should try to keep emailing that ebay guy!

Also I'm actually not a huge fan of the SS wheels. They're just a little too big for my liking, and they look too "aftermarket". I prefer a "plausibly OEM" look.

Last edited by a moderator:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I like those wheels but with the 17s I've got now I wouldn't go up just 1 inch. You might find a deal at a wrecking yard. If you haven't already you might check out row52.com. You can search radius of ZIP codes and it'll let you put in a range of years. You can put in requests, and alerts as well.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Some guy on ebay periodically sells a set of what he claims are "new" 5311 wheels for $90 a wheel with free shipping, but no center cap. I assume they are replicas. But I kept trying to email him over and over and over to ask a few questions and I never got a response. And he doesn't have any listed right now. $180 per wheel is well out of my budget for this. I guess I should try to keep emailing that ebay guy!

Also I'm actually not a huge fan of the SS wheels. They're just a little too big for my liking, and they look too "aftermarket". I prefer a "plausibly OEM" look.

Gotcha, just throwing out another option. Not too many members on the forum are fans of the SS wheel either.

$90 per wheel is a great deal, definitely the cheapest I have ever heard of. Most companies that I have come across do not offer center caps. Dont get why they would take the time to recondition an OEM wheel and not sell center caps to go along with them.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
*bump*
Still looking. My tires are getting pretty bad, so I may have to stick with my 17's and get new tires for them. But I'd MUCH rather get the 18's.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I've had so little luck finding these wheels at a reasonable price, I'm thinking of keeping my 17's I'm not super into, and getting new tires for them instead. Then maybe throwing 1" spacers on them or something just so they look a little better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmaxdob

Members Online