06 non-lux head unit into 04 non-lux - will it work?

ScottS

Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Hey guys, I swapped out the 6cd stacker in my 06 envoy for a delphi nav... And have a friend with an 04 TB wondering if my old head unit will fit his truck?

Checked the RPO codes and we both have non lux head units. He wants mine because it's 6cd... Mine also has satellite radio but pretty sure that wouldn't work for him... if it will plug and play, does he need to work about theftloc or anything like that?

Any info appreciated!

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
How did you check the RPO codes?
I'm fairly certain that from '02 through '09 all had the code UQA for the bose system.
2002 through mid 2004 had the lux and mid 2004 on up, non-lux.
I'm unaware of a code differentiating them.

Me007gold
If they are both non-lux, it will fit. But it will have to be programed by a dealer.

Is that done with a tech2? Some side shops have them.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Black LT said:
How did you check the RPO codes?
I'm fairly certain that from '02 through '09 all had the code UQA for the bose system.

Is that done with a tech2? Some side shops have them.

RPO codes are on the sticker in the glove box, and yes I believe its done with a tech ii

ScottS

Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
We checked codes in glovebox... and he doesn't have UQA. From a sticky on the other site, I derived that if it didn't have this code, it wasn't a LUX. I hope someone can confirm this, don't want to tear the dash apart if this doesn't tell us for sure.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Black LT said:

That's what I was saying - the code (in the glove box) UQA designates the externally amplified bose system.
If there is no UQA, it doesn't have an external amp and the lux and non-lux does not apply.

ScottS

Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Black LT said:
That's what I was saying - the code (in the glove box) UQA designates the externally amplified bose system.
If there is no UQA, it doesn't have an external amp and the lux and non-lux does not apply.

I see. So because he doesn't have the code, he doesn't have an external amp, and my head unit won't work in his vehicle?

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
ScottS said:
I see. So because he doesn't have the code, he doesn't have an external amp, and my head unit won't work in his vehicle?

I don't know. Did you say your truck doesn't have UQA code also?

What I think is correct;
All trucks with an external amp have the RPO code UQA.
2002 thru mid 2004 UQA was the Lux Bose amp. Mid 2004 on up UQA was the non-Lux Bose amp. The radios and amps are not interchangeable between the two aforementioned groups and also cannot be used in a non UQA truck.

Somebody else must answer as to if the non UQA radios are interchangeable between the years. I don't know.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithdm

Members Online