05 rainier shocks lose air overnight

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
There is no kit but you need to find the leak to determine where to go.

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
Spray soapy water on the air bags in the rear and you may see this.
main.php

Then you will have found your leak.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
05 Rainier shocks lose air overnight is there a kit to fix leak?

Are you talking shocks? Or air bags?
After two days sitting un-used, my Envoy would be sitting on the bump stops. There is a repair kit available from the dealer (Rock Auto might have it too).
It has a new spring, cover plate, Allen screws, gasket, and rubber part. Part # 15183676 compressor repair kit. I paid about $35 for mine from a dealer, but it was a special order.
When I took the compressor apart, the spring was rusted and in three pieces. The hardest part was getting the old Allen screws out.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
When I powered up the parts Saab, the bags got pumped up. That was just before the winter. It took all winter before it got back down to the stops. I'm actually thinking of taking them and putting in my driver because the previous owner swapped in springs.

Look for leaks in the tubing and also the compressor not holding the air.

johnbuick

Original poster
Feb 8, 2015
Cookeville
Are you talking shocks? Or air bags?
After two days sitting un-used, my Envoy would be sitting on the bump stops. There is a repair kit available from the dealer (Rock Auto might have it too).
It has a new spring, cover plate, Allen screws, gasket, and rubber part. Part # 15183676 compressor repair kit. I paid about $35 for mine from a dealer, but it was a special order.
When I took the compressor apart, the spring was rusted and in three pieces. The hardest part was getting the old Allen screws out.
It is airbags Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online