04 Trailer Blazer gushing coolant

villawolf01

Original poster
Jun 7, 2015
Traveling and started to notice spots were getting bigger as we would pull into gas stations. Finally the coolant started pouring out near the passenger wheel well, like if you to a full coolant bottle and were pouring straight to the floor.

Is this from the heating core? Replaced a small regulator that appeared to be stuck, but it still leaking, but not as much.

I was told I could dona by pass to the heater core, but I can am get different advice:
1. Cut the hosed close to the fire wall and do bypass their.

2. Cut the hoses closer to the engine get a couple 5/8 quick connects, 2 wire clamps, and an elbow.

Is one better than the other? I've been searching for a video online on how to bypass on the 2004 Trail Blazer, but no luck. I've seen other videos, but the bypass video shown don't exactly apply to to the 04 Trail Blazer.

villawolf01

Original poster
Jun 7, 2015
Thanks, your the first person that has told me that. Any suggestions?

My passenger bottomed out really bad when pulling out of a gas station full of puddles I picked the wrong puddle it was a deep hole.

Apr 23, 2015
You need to find the leak. Get a radiator pressure tester. Some auto parts stores even rent them. Its a small hand operated pump that will pressurize the coolant system to operating pressure. Allows you to find a leak without having the car running.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
How's the coolant reservoir tank? Did you poke a hole through it?

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
i doubt a coolant pressure tester will matter if it is pouring out... simply fill coolant system with water and start the truck and watch where it is coming from. could be just a heater hose that came disconnected or busted.

villawolf01

Original poster
Jun 7, 2015
Triz, At times it is completely empty and at other times is is low. I took out the reservoir and there weren't any holes punctured, at least that I didn't see.

You you have an idea a possible place behind or near the passenger wheel well that would pour out the coolant in buckets when over heated. I took out the the air filter, both the coolant & window washer reservoirs there was a small black plastic regulator that seemed to be locked, but not large enough allow the amount of coolant that was leaking.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Did you check the overflow tank hoses?

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online