02 trailblazer stock radio

02bluetb

Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
Hi I just bought a 02 trailblazer Ltd and it has a aftermarket stereo in it. The rear stereo controls and speakers are not working. I was wondering if this was because Of the aftermarket radio. I was thinking of putting a stock radio back in if this is the problem. The codes show I have a cd and cassette deck stock. I was wondering if I could just get the cd radio or the 6 disc Of if I need to have bose amp and stuff to work. I would just rather not have the cassette deck part. Thanks for the help

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
02bluetb said:
Hi I just bought a 02 trailblazer Ltd and it has a aftermarket stereo in it. The rear stereo controls and speakers are not working. I was wondering if this was because Of the aftermarket radio. I was thinking of putting a stock radio back in if this is the problem. The codes show I have a cd and cassette deck stock. I was wondering if I could just get the cd radio or the 6 disc Of if I need to have bose amp and stuff to work. I would just rather not have the cassette deck part. Thanks for the help
The issue could indeed stem from the aftermarket radio, without having a proper adapter. You could get a CD or 6-disc radio (both were offered in Bose and non-Bose I believe, check for RPO code UQA to see if the truck has/had Bose). You would then have to have the radio programmed (it stores all/part of the VIN as a security measure). I'm not sure if any aftermarkets even supported the rear seat audio in the first place, but they should all run the rear speakers. There may also be an issue with the RSA where it's turning off the rears.

You could also pull the deck and check the handiwork back there. If it's spliced rather than using an adapter, you could poke around at getting an adapter instead.

02bluetb

Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
UPO is the code that I have. I was thinking maybe they just did a bad wiring job to. I guess the rear controls don't matter to much. Just get the rear speakers going again. I will look for the none bose 6 disc.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
The rear speakers should still work even with the rear controls disabled from using the aftermarket radio. If you have a good speaker laying around you can try it in each rear door to verify that that it is a speaker problem and not a signal problem. I would do that instead of trying a factory deck since a replacement deck would have to have the VIN programmed (going rate around here is $110 for VIN programming).

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
There's supposed to be a chip in the OEM radios that you remove and it won't need the vin programmed in. Ask Blazintrails, I think he's the one that brought it up.

02bluetb

Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
DAlastDON said:
Have you pushed the power button on the rear controls?
Come on give me more credit than that lol. I just don't really like the deck that's in there. Maybe a different aftermarket deck would be best. Then not have to worry about the Vin lock.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
02bluetb said:
Come on give me more credit than that lol. I just don't really like the deck that's in there. Maybe a different aftermarket deck would be best. Then not have to worry about the Vin lock.
Would have been awesome for ya if that made it work though.

I can only speak of the PAC RP5-GM11 but i still have some functionality of the rear audio controls. The PROG button cycles through the receivers sources and the SEEK changes tracks and radio stations. I have a dual zone head unit and can send a different source to the rear that will play through the headphone jacks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online