02 TB running boards compatible with 06 9-7X?

dkvasnicka

Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
I'd love to have running boards on my 9-7X but shipping stuff that big to Europe is expensive as hell. Fortunately, there is a 02 TB currently available for parting out here in the CZ.
Can the running boards it has be attached to a 06 9-7X? If not, is the problem a mount points mismatch only or is the length/shape too different?

57367751.jpg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I "think" it's the size/shape.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Yes for that reason..hang on, let me check something.

On sniffing around the net, all the running boards I've looked at say they are compatible with TB/Envoy/Bravada/Ascender and 9-7X.

Hopefully someone that knows 100% will chime in.

Last edited:
Reactions: dkvasnicka

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
if you can, crawl under and see how they are mounted, take a few measurements, then check under yours to see if you have the same mounting points. those do not look like OEM boards. but if mounting points are the same, they should work.:twocents:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
well, he may know if those boards used the mounting points that are under there.
on my 09 there are 3 mounting brackets on each side, mine has 3 threaded holes per mounting bracket. the OEM "plastic" running boards uses all 3 mounting holes, while my chrome tube steps uses only 2 of the 3.
running boards chrome 001.jpg running boards chrome 003.jpg

Reactions: dkvasnicka

stickypoop

Oct 14, 2014
I removed the OEM running boards from my 04 Envoy and still have them kicking around. If you need measurements on the mounting brackets I can easily do that for you since they're off the truck

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Size wise they should fit fine. Shape wise I do not know how they will look. As already stated you should have mounting holes where they would go.

dkvasnicka

Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
I removed the OEM running boards from my 04 Envoy and still have them kicking around. If you need measurements on the mounting brackets I can easily do that for you since they're off the truck

That'd be cool. Not exactly sure what measurements I should want though... probably the distance between the brackets?

stickypoop

Oct 14, 2014
That'd be cool. Not exactly sure what measurements I should want though... probably the distance between the brackets?

I'll grab center to center measurements tomorrow... though I agree with earlier comments that the brackets probably do line up. I'm sure these trucks are all built on the same frame... Looking at some pictures of Saabs they do seem to come with ones different from the Envoys/TBs. You may end up just having to try it to see if it'll actually fit and look right

dkvasnicka

Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
These are the pics I got. He says the left one is missing a rubber (can it be bought separately?) and the right one is a bit damaged (not sure I see where). What about the mount points though? It seems to me that what's on his photos is a lot different than what fletch09 posted here (he says the board are original, including the brackets & stuff).
DSCN2321.JPG DSCN2322.JPG DSCN2323.JPG DSCN2324.JPG
He's offering them for $130 which is of course way below what I'd have to pay when buying something from the US.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm pretty sure I saw some pics of a 9-7x with running boards. Just searching on the net, found this Aero with them (which I find sacrilegious for an Aero).

2008_saab_9_7x_awd_4dr_aero_5010055421803999340.jpg

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
it's hard to tell by the pics how they are actually mounted. maybe there was a change somewhere between 02 and 09 as to how and where running boards where mounted.
if you have the mounting points on yours that look like what i posted, maybe look for boards that are 06 or newer. what i posted earlier where my chrome tube steps. here's a pic of what the un-mounted "plastic" boards look like. that match up with the mounting brackets.

running boards 001.jpg
running boards 002.jpg

dkvasnicka

Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
So I sent him the photo of my mounts (indeed the same fletch09 posted), asking him if he thinks it'll fit. IMHO, either it won't or he has an exceptional ability to do bad pictures :wink:
Photo 17.02.16 15 30 15.jpg

dkvasnicka

Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
He sent two more photos and now it looks like the mount points are indeed the same across the years. They look horrible, though, as does the whole car they're from (at least from down under).
DSCN2326.jpg DSCN2327.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If it's just the underside that's rusty, you can clean and paint them. Should look like new if the top side look good.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
They are the same mounting and the shape of the lower rocker(plastic piece) under the doors is the same.

Reactions: Matt

Boeing 0286

May 6, 2016
Czech Republic
I'd love to have running boards on my 9-7X but shipping stuff that big to Europe is expensive as hell. Fortunately, there is a 02 TB currently available for parting out here in the CZ.
Can the running boards it has be attached to a 06 9-7X? If not, is the problem a mount points mismatch only or is the length/shape too different?

View attachment 74375

Dobrý den, s Vámi snad můžu česky, že? Chtěl jsem se zeptat, vlastním sbírku automobilů SAAB a mezi nimi i model 9-7X. Též bych měl zájem o zakoupení bočních nášlapů na toto auto, ale nikde jsem nic nesehnal...neměl byste tip, pokud jste to nějak zdárně vyřešil na svém autě?
Já si tam původně nechal dát předělané nášlapy z nějakého asiata, ale musel jsem je dát pryč, hrozně vrzaly a nedržely...

Díky moc předem za odpověď!
Martin

dkvasnicka

Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
Dobrý den, s Vámi snad můžu česky, že?

You can definitely talk Czech to me but in private messages, not here in the thread :wink: (I'd suggest rewriting your message in English) :smile:

No, I haven't solved it yet. I'm simply waiting for a nice pair for a reasonable amount of money to show up. It's not a matter of life & death for me, not losing any sleep over it...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlyatauction

Members Online

No members online now.