02-05 4.2 I6 Rock-It-Parts Dual Intake For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

palitoiii

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Here is a 02-05 4.2 I6 Rock-It-Parts Dual Intake For Sale. Can't find this intake anymore, it is used and in good condition. Selling it for $195 and that includes shipping. I will take offers also.

photo_zps8ab44590.jpg

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
RayGumm said:
No way to retrofit this to fit an 06?
Anything can be modified with a Dremel :biggrin:

Looks like you would need to cap the IAT, add a spot for the MAF sensor which would most likely need to be added where the double intake tube meets into one. Also need to add a blow back port or remove the intake resonator and throw a small filter on the nipple.

I personally do not see the gains from a dual intake. More time and oil when cleaning. It looks cool though. Any dyno proven numbers for the intake, similar to what K&N posts on their website?

GLWS :thumbsup:

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
This still for sale, Dont see the performance gain but it looks HELLA cool!! lol. Is it just an open element?

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Gotta hate it when people do that, makes ya look like you don't wanna sell it. Although, I can understand, sometimes life gets busy. But still, it would only take a few minutes to give everyone a heads up.

The intake looks cool, though. GLWS.

Reactions: dmanns67

palitoiii

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Sorry guys I have not received any notices from site that there's been responses.. It was working... Well the part is still for sale.. It will have to be retrofitted for TB 2006 and up cause of MAF sensor and stuff.. There's no Dyno numbers on this intake.. $150 and it's yours.

Reactions: Mounce

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
palitoiii said:
Sorry guys I have not received any notices from site that there's been responses.. It was working... Well the part is still for sale.. It will have to be retrofitted for TB 2006 and up cause of MAF sensor and stuff.. There's no Dyno numbers on this intake.. $150 and it's yours.
You probably need to change your settings to auto-follow any threads you post in. That way you'll get notified however frequently your settings say. :twocents:

Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
I have an 05 envoy. I am curious as I still have the MAF sensor in my intake tube.. I dont see where I would be able to add it in for this double pipe.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Bill05EnvoySLT said:
I have an 05 envoy. I am curious as I still have the MAF sensor in my intake tube.. I dont see where I would be able to add it in for this double pipe.
Did you swap the engine to an 06+ 4.2L? Do you have a pic of your engine? Prior to 06, the 4.2 had the IAT and no MAF sensor.

Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
EDIT **** duh... i was looking at the wife's 97 Explorer when i was thinking of that.. I looked at mine again and oppps (I dont have an MAF)

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Bill05EnvoySLT said:
EDIT **** duh... i was looking at the wife's 97 Explorer when i was thinking of that.. I looked at mine again and oppps (I dont have an MAF)
If you are interested I would send the OP a PM. Looks like he has not been on since 31 August. Plus he is down from $195 to $80. Seems like he just wants this out of the garage. Not a bad price for an intake.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
goddly said:
Does this provide performance gains? Or is this more astetic? Lol
For the most part, the general consensus on intakes for the I6 engines is that they offer little to no performance gains. It just changes the sound and looks nice.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
That's what I thought but then I saw that the op said he still had it...although that was a month ago, I'd think he'd check in and tell us he sold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online