shock help in skyjacker n 8030

trucker85

Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Have marks 3 inch lift . The n8030 sky jackers I have washers on both sides only problem is the lower mount where the bolt passes thru is too loose:sadcry: I have tried everything is there a diff shock I can buy that has the same size sleeve for the bolt? I will try anything at this point ... please help lol:mad:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Do you have a metal spacer tube inside the polyurethane bushing in the shock eyelet? Does your shock lower mount eyelet even have a poly bushing in it?

View attachment 32454

Attachments

• ESshockb.jpg
    ESshockb.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 4

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
How many washers do you have in place? You could always press out the sleeve from the old shocks or maybe find a different bolt. I wonder if they made a sleeve change recently... You are the second person I heard of this happening to. There are quite a few of us running the setup.

trucker85

Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Yes it does poly inside and metal tube . I've bought these from auto anything this is my 3 rd shock they just go effective this . I don't know. At this point but the built going into the metal sleeve is too loose is there something that the sleeve is close to stock . Like BDS or something. I don't know I'm stumped everything all bushings in the back all inks and such are good .

trucker85

Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Yes DJ I have bunch of washers and that's no good I called skyjacker and they don't have a diff size sleeve. Maybe I Just have bad luck its a tar buggy. But what's another good shock to use .? Any suggestions I don't want to have to keep messing around with washers:smile:

trucker85

Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Liftmeister told me n8030 was the way to go so went online and auto anything has them and that's where I got em from

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I run the N8030, one of the first ones to, and I have 5 washers for spaces on each side for a total of 10 on each shock and just used everything else stock. If you still have your old shocks pull the sleeves from those and see if they fit, I know of someone doing this and he was happy with the outcome because he did not need the spacers.

trucker85

Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
I also noticed some people run BDS 5500 it say there for a 2 inch lift but having a 3 inch lift can these still be used with out problems

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
The BDS 5500s are hydraulic filled. Do you still have your stock shocks? Or find a bolt that fits the Skyjackers and replace the nut.

trucker85

Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Yeah thats another way .you mean find a new bolt and nut right . Lol I'd probably have drill a new hole to allow for it then ? I was just hoping to avoid this

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
I just bought a pair of skyjacker n8030, packaged very nice from 4wheelparts. Arrived in 4 days. One question, while the box has a sticker label n8030, the shock body is stamped N8067S...

Can I be confident that these are n8030 ?

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Just installed my skyjackers, I did not install the provided red adapters with the metal sleeves. Will keep them for future use. The black OEM sleeves with the molded black rubber adapters are a better fit (less play) for our mounting bolts.

Question: would there be any good in having a little bit of space between the mounting bolt and the shock mount sleeve ?

Escapepilot

Sep 21, 2014
Took a reread for me to understand the OPs question. I just got N8030s also and the metal sleeve is a larger diameter than the bolt. I made a new sleeve w/ the correct diameter and width.

Reactions: paul2005tb

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Escapepilot said:
Took a reread for me to understand the OPs question. I just got N8030s also and the metal sleeve is a larger diameter than the bolt. I made a new sleeve w/ the correct diameter and width.
How exactly did you manufacture a new sleeve ?

Escapepilot

Sep 21, 2014
paul2005tb said:
How exactly did you manufacture a new sleeve ?
Sorry its taken so long...didn't see the post. I had some long metal bushing w/ the correct inner diameter and just cut it to length and turned down the outside diameter on a lathe at work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catfish520.na

Members Online