SUPPORT Your help with SPAM issues

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Guys, we certainly appreciate you all helping us in reporting SPAM and we take care of it right away. However, we're getting multiple reports for each one and becomes an issue for us to clear the reports. Help us help you by just posting a reply in the SPAM thread saying that it's been reported so that others won't report it.

Thanks all.

PS: Jimmy is working on fixing our SPAM filter. For some reason, it no longer works with the new software.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Two new spam threads up right now.. Posting here instead of reporting so I don't add to the report flood
Wooluf got it :2thumbsup:

Reactions: Wooluf1952
Upvote 0

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The reply thing is working perfectly. Just reply to the thread. Not necessary to report the user too. Just hit the report button in the message and reply in the thread that it's been reported.

Hope Jimmy can fix this soon. Starting to feel like I need supplements, LOL!

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Even though they are annoying it is kinda fun to swing that hammer around and break some spammer's skulls.

Or set them on fire.

Flaming-ban-hammer.jpg

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just a reminder to reply in the spam thread when you report it to avoid duplicate reports.

I sure hope Jimmy can fix this soon. My mini ban hammer is getting worn out.

Reactions: Capote
Upvote 0

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
Reported a new one.
Sorry, didn't see this thread until after hitting the report button.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I'm really beginning to think this may be a bug with the spam system in the new version of the software. Everything is the same as it was previously, and we're using 3 spam prevention methods simultaneously. I've reset some things and I'm watching to see if anything I've tried will make a difference.

Upvote 0

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I'm getting tired of fried spam... wait... wrong place. You know I'm gonna roll with it.

Seriously though, seems like it starts late night when most are asleep. When I get up for class is when I see it which is around 6:30.

Upvote 0

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'm getting tired of fried spam... wait... wrong place. You know I'm gonna roll with it.

Seriously though, seems like it starts late night when most are asleep. When I get up for class is when I see it which is around 6:30.
Since i'm one of the only guys on between midnight and 6am, I usually catch them very shortly after they post.

Reactions: littleblazer
Upvote 0

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You'll have to change your name to the Spam Knight :biggrin:

Reactions: Capote
Upvote 0

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
No spam registrations or posts to speak of from what I can tell... WINNING!
We get a few that try. I get notified and take care of them.

Reactions: Mooseman and Capote
Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Caught one in approval filter this morning

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have handled 5 spams in the approval list earlier this week which I promptly hit the nuke button on.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher