You know you're a GMT owner when...

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
When you leave your GMT unlocked in the wrong part of town. Been doing this for 2 months now, and no problems. But 2 other cars parked next to me have been hit.

1) Because nothing inside worth steeling
2) 360's are not stolen, I have looked for them, they just don't exist for some reason.

Jul 24, 2012
When there's no amber lights on the dashboard, and your first thought is: "Oh great. Now there's something wrong with the dashboard!"

Reactions: Redbeard

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
When bolt/wire cutters are part of your tire change kit

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
TollKeeper said:
When bolt/wire cutters are part of your tire change kit

Makes no sense to me.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
HARDTRAILZ said:
Makes no sense to me.

Either you have already fixed your spare tire carrier, or you better make a pair of bolt/wire cutters part of your tire change kit..

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
lol I get it now. Been there done that :crazy:

Kyle has his on a tire carrier, can't fit his spares underneath anymore!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yep. I took mine down once and then unbolted the system and gave it away. Luckily mine worked the one time.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Mine was so pristine I was able to sell it for $60 on trailvoy. Still have the useless OEM wrench. The OD of the socket is too large for my Mojave wheels.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Phantom said:
When you put the key in and it wont turn, only to realize its the key to your other gmt.

Or your wifes car, or a truck you no longer own, or some other GM product... GRR!

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
When you know that it wouldn't be the Lamborghini sitting next to you in a race from the stoplight...

But you still want to try and make sure.

smt 59

the roadie said:
Mine was so pristine I was able to sell it for $60 on trailvoy. Still have the useless OEM wrench. The OD of the socket is too large for my Mojave wheels.

Mine is like brand new, but I grease it twice a year and repainted the spare. I think that I may have to much time on my hands.

:crazy:

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
You wonder what the hell you did to the GM Engineers for them to make it such a crappy task to replace the valve cover gasket.....

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
or a thermostat

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
.... you know that your truck will is more than capable of handling anything winter has to throw at it.

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
HARDTRAILZ said:
.... you know that your truck will is more than capable of handling anything winter has to throw at it.

...but hope to God that when you touch that selector switch that the light just doesn't blink forever.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Envoy_04 said:
...but hope to God that when you touch that selector switch that the light just doesn't blink forever.

I never have that worry because mine gets proper exercise on a regular basis:raspberry:

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
...the thought of having to buy new HVAC controls and send your radio out for "servicing" just to make the lights work ticks you off so much that you go buy the appropriate small soldering equipment and lay grand plans to fix them.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
So did you find the door ding yet

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I'm laughing at a lot of the stuff posted, but worried as hell about some of the other stuff.

I just got my truck back from the dealership. It went in with a lower engine knock. When it was bought, there was a GMAC warranty available. I said if they got the warranty, I'd take buy the truck. Well, they screwed up and never got the warranty. But I have a 2 year old DUE BILL that says if they can't get the warranty, they would have to unwind the purchase. No expiration, no mileage, etc. So I took it in, they wanted to charge me. Had a guy I ride motorcycles with, an attorney, give them a call. Suddenly they wanted to pay for everything including the first rental car (I rented for a week, they supplied loaner after that) I had. They did the fix (pretty much a lower engine rebuild), replaced the fuel sender unit, tune up, full tank of gas (I figured they'd have to drop the tank and I knew what a hassle that is with about 150 lbs of gasoline so I let it get very low), ran it through smog/emissions, and pretty much detailed the car. Then they also got me a Toyota Care (I knew they couldn't get the GMAC anymore, and it's a Toyota dealer) warranty for 2 years, 24,000 miles. So right now, mine's running pretty well.

I was really considering getting them to unwind the deal, but I do like the truck, and I wanted what was right. I figured if they made it right -fix it and get me a warranty - I'd be happy, and I am.

Jul 24, 2012
RayGumm said:
You know you're a new GMT owner when you get a day off and think "man am I happy that I get to work... on the truck :smile: "
After the steering gear replacement I am happy to have a ride that is not currently dropping a quart of fluid a day.

TrailBlazer13

Mar 23, 2014
When you back glass stays open even when your doors are locked and you fix it by adjusting a yello piece of plastic lol

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Reactions: Denali n DOO

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
.... When you get into a vehicle that is not a GMT and think that the seats are crap.

May 5, 2013
When your OBDII port doesn't work so you change the cigarette lighter fuse...

When your trailer running lights don't work and you know there's a fuse for that...

When you stare at your RPM's when you turn on the AC

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
My left turn/brake is out on my trailer, I've just been blaming the adapter.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You can replace a wheel hub in 45 minutes flat.

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
uploadfromtaptalk1424536023775.jpg

Reactions: CaptainKD

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Mooseman said:
You can replace a wheel hub in 45 minutes flat.
You took a beer break in there too I bet :wink:

YKYAGMTO when hang on this forum!

Reactions: swede

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online