You know you're a GMT owner when...

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
You know your a GMT owner when you pull up to the stoplight next to another 360/370 and look at the driver hoping that they too are curious about the vehicles and alas its another soccer mom who could give a care.

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
You know your a GMT owner when you get in the schools suburban for a 5 hour drive and have the glove box open before you get out of the parking lot to see if it has a G80 and what axle ratio it has. Then you open up your rpo code list down the road to see what suspention package because you realize it has a floaty ride. I was deemed Nerdatron due to this. True story it happened last week

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
AV8ER said:
You know your a GMT owner when you get in the schools suburban for a 5 hour drive and have the glove box open before you get out of the parking lot to see if it has a G80 and what axle ratio it has. Then you open up your rpo code list down the road to see what suspention package because you realize it has a floaty ride. I was deemed Nerdatron due to this. True story it happened last week

I don't know an official GMT owner wouldn't have left us hanging like this. Did it have a G80 and what was the ratio?

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
Jkust said:
I don't know an official GMT owner wouldn't have left us hanging like this. Did it have a G80 and what was the ratio?

Lol sorry for that! I posted that at almost 2am. No G80 3.73 gears. Sorry can't remember the suspention package. It had an iron 5.3 in it btw

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Your plans for the evening are to load up the truck with parts and tools to go help another owner lift his truck this weekend!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You`re taking orders for parts as apparently GMT360/370`s are as rare as hen`s teeth and I happen to have TWO in my local u-pull yard.

tom1999d

Apr 24, 2012
Mooseman said:
Time to revive this thread and get some new ones...

You know you're a GMT owner when you lay awake at night, unable to sleep, wondering if you'll be able to get your spare down the next time you get a flat. :eek: But then remember that you disabled that damn secondary lock the last time it was stuck :rotfl:

Many of us drop the spare every spring to clean the beach of sand (snow belt anyway) on the spare and spray some lube on the cable.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
You know your a GMT owner when.....

You look to see if you can find a TB or voy in a random picture, and get all excited when you find one.

A new spin off of where's Waldo?? :wootwoot:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
tom1999d said:
Many of us drop the spare every spring to clean the beach of sand (snow belt anyway) on the spare and spray some lube on the cable.

It's not so much a problem with the cable but that f*&king secondary latch that fails to let go, lubed or not. This is a fail on GM's part to ensure that the spare can be lowered trouble free.

Back to the program... You know you're a GMT owner when you see a truck like yours and it's banged up, rusted to shit and you say to yourself "what a waste!". I see a lot of those when I go to northern New York State.

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
You know you're a GMT owner when people say "oh its just a 6 lug you can get wheels anywhere try craigslist and you say "its a 6x5 NOT 6x5.5 they are rare and only made a few models with that bolt pattern I highly doubt you'll find anything decent on craigslist in such a rare pattern"

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Mooseman said:
It's not so much a problem with the cable but that f*&king secondary latch that fails to let go, lubed or not. This is a fail on GM's part to ensure that the spare can be lowered trouble free.

Back to the program... You know you're a GMT owner when you see a truck like yours and it's banged up, rusted to shit and you say to yourself "what a waste!". I see a lot of those when I go to northern New York State.

New York is hard on these trucks. They heavily salt. Mine came from NY originally and it shows :frown:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
You know your a GMT owner when, always have the camera ready :cool: and never leave home without it, just in case the perfect opportunity arises for "What did you park beside" or "post a pic of your GMT right now" or anything else that you feel GMTNation should see....

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Denali n DOO said:
You know your a GMT owner when, always have the camera ready :cool: and never leave home without it, just in case the perfect opportunity arises for "What did you park beside" or "post a pic of your GMT right now" or anything else that you feel GMTNation should see....

Good point D.... which reminds me, I should put my camera back in the center console... just in case. :thumbsup:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
You know you're a GMT owner when:

-You go onto the forum from your phone while waiting in line at a fast food restaurant

-You play thread games like "guess the next poster" or "change one letter game" when your bored

-You post in the "post whore" thread to increase your post count

-You keep your GMT better groomed than yourself

-You have to explain to the mechanic at the garage/dealer what you need done and they still dont know what you're talking about

-You have more pictures of your GMT in your camera/phone/laptop than anything else including your family....

-a conversation starter for you is explaining what mods you did or what you plan to do and realize they dont really care

-when someone tells you their car stalls if they dont keep their foot on the gas and you tell them to clean the throttle body and they come back and ask you how you knew

-when someone asks you what kind of engine you have or compliments on your yukon and you have to tell them its an envoy

-when you get annoyed when someone at an auto parts store doesn't know what an i6 is or calls your engine a v6

Hahaha i could go on for days but i wont lol :rotfl:

One more - When you realize its 2:00AM and you have to wake up at 6:30 but you're still on the forums hahahaha

Reactions: Redbeard

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Ryda55555 said:
You know you're a GMT owner when:

-You go onto the forum from your phone while waiting in line at a fast food restaurant

-You play thread games like "guess the next poster" or "change one letter game" when your bored

-You post in the "post whore" thread to increase your post count

-You keep your GMT better groomed than yourself

-You have to explain to the mechanic at the garage/dealer what you need done and they still dont know what you're talking about

-You have more pictures of your GMT in your camera/phone/laptop than anything else including your family....

-a conversation starter for you is explaining what mods you did or what you plan to do and realize they dont really care

-when someone tells you their car stalls if they dont keep their foot on the gas and you tell them to clean the throttle body and they come back and ask you how you knew

-when someone asks you what kind of engine you have or compliments on your yukon and you have to tell them its an envoy

-when you get annoyed when someone at an auto parts store doesn't know what an i6 is or calls your engine a v6

Hahaha i could go on for days but i wont lol :rotfl:

One more - When you realize its 2:00AM and you have to wake up at 6:30 but you're still on the forums hahahaha

I'm so guilty of the last one lol

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
When you custom install a fire extinguisher just in case your driver door switch catches fire :explode:
View attachment 28076
I forget who's pic it is but it works with this post, thanks.....

Attachments

• IMAG0935_zpsc1b444eb.jpg
    IMAG0935_zpsc1b444eb.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 33

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You type checklists of mods to do before the next meet.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
You get accused of finding your truck sexier than your spouse (i don't, but i've been accused of it) :rotfl:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
DDonnie said:
You get accused of finding your truck sexier than your spouse (i don't, but i've been accused of it) :rotfl:

Don you cheating on Mrs. Draper with your TB again. :biggrin:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
If you know who Voymom is and that her husbands scene name is also the name of HER truck.

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
Short Bus said:
If you know who Voymom is and that her husbands scene name is also the name of HER truck.

Yeah now that I have my own I think a name change will be in the works.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
When 2 auto parts stores know your name and you dont have to tell them what year, make, model, or engine that is in it.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Phantoms version: you know your a gmt owner when you and your wife both have accounts on the forum

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Voymom said:
When 2 auto parts stores know your name and you dont have to tell them what year, make, model, or engine that is in it.

Hahaha i've become so regular at my local parts store that i get a community discount lool

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Short Bus said:

Ya, and lets hope Phantom (Mat) doesn't end up wearing pink accessories too :raspberry:

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
OLD whose initials are "DCM" and why she was "D". :crackup:

It's like a trip down memory lane

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
An hour of my life I will never get back, but I could not stop looking through all the pages :eek: Should have named the thread Daily Pics of DCM...

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
When you spend hours playing guess the next poster ping pong with playsinsnow :raspberry:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
When you make bets on if the 4x4 will engage or not.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.