You call this a SS Clone?!

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Ok so I am on craigs and put in trailblazer SS rims to see whats out there just for the hell of it and I ran across this....come on whos ride is this?? This is not even close to a SS clone :rotfl:

trailblazer ss clone trade

"I have a 2002 chevy trailblazer clone not a real ss but looks like it better on gas", "spent thousands on ebay to make a clone", "it has the complete real ss interior" yeah no you don't lol :no::no: adding rims, a badge, steering wheel and seats does not count I am sorry!!

Asking price is a bit high for that many miles don't you think :hopeless::hopeless:

Hell this is more of a clone then what they have and its still not there yet lol

2003 Chevy Trailblazer 95K 22 Inch rims TV radio Best Offer

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
He could have at least changed the bumpers and hid the 4wd selector under the dash or something haha :crazy:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
nowhere near a clone... his SS embroidered seats dont even match... thats aftermarket.. the only thing i saw SS related, was the steering wheels, emblems, and rims...

a true clone in my book would be the Sinister build on youtube... the orange and black SS clone...

Trailblazer SS conversion - Sinister SS - YouTube

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Spent thousands on ebay son!:wootwoot:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 291

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Look at the car seat right behind the driver. Nobody would put a single car seat behind the driver unless the passenger side ALSO has a rug rat there. So the poor guy has TWO little ones and no life. We know it's not an SS. Everybody who wants to race him at a light will know (after the first 50 feet) that he's not an SS. His WIFE knows they didn't spend the money for an SS.

So he should have just spent his money on hookers instead of Ebay parts. At least then he'd have the memories of being in the fast lane. :wootwoot:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
the roadie said:
Discovered why he's psychotic enough to commit that insanity.

View attachment 7789

:rotfl: I did not even see that how funny!

jrSS said:
Hey smitty while ur up there stop on by in indana and give us a visit.

As long as Smitty doesn't take whatever this guy is taking he should make it there safe lol

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Probably the worst SS clone I've seen. I'm impressed he actually got the embroidered seats though.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
As it's been stated several times on the OS, clones should not wear the SS badge. :twocents:

Nothing wrong with swapping body parts between different models. But the SS badge should be left off IMHO.

gotspeed1

Dec 3, 2011
While I do agree 100% with this statement, at the rate GM was putting SS badges on everything there for a while, it's understandable why people think they can throw a badge on something to have something completely different. Anybody remember the Malibu, Impala (1997-later), Cobalt (non-turbo) or Silverado (5.3 litre) SS. While some of these were upgrades from their lower model, they didn't have enough to justify the badge.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
As it's been stated several times on the OS, clones should not wear the SS badge. :twocents:

Nothing wrong with swapping body parts between different models. But the SS badge should be left off IMHO.

^^^ This

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
gotspeed1 said:
While I do agree 100% with this statement, at the rate GM was putting SS badges on everything there for a while, it's understandable why people think they can throw a badge on something to have something completely different. Anybody remember the Malibu, Impala (1997-later), Cobalt (non-turbo) or Silverado (5.3 litre) SS. While some of these were upgrades from their lower model, they didn't have enough to justify the badge.

A pre-requisite of the "SS" badge is greater performance than is available with any other trim level. All (not some, all) of the cars/trucks you mentioned fit that bill with larger displacements, forced induction, or a different engine all together than was available without the SS badge. The question is the level of performance that those engines resulted in.

There's certainly is evidence that GM may have considered it "just another trim level". Which is why in 2008 when they released the Chevy Equinox with 80hp more than the only other available engine they called it the "Sport" instead of SS. The malibu was weak, I'll certainly grant you that. The 1/3rd of a liter and extra 33 hp certainly didn't qualify for "super". The cobalt SS N/A lived a short life before it was renamed to "cobalt sport". While it did have a 20% hp boost over the highest non-SS model I can certainly agree that it didn't belong when the forced induction models were around. But I think this is where the dilution of the SS ends.

The post caprice-body impala in the 2000s had the same supercharged v6 that GM used to resurrect the GTP (pontiac) and GS (buick) names, the most recent gen had a 5.3L v8. They were of course hideous cars on an ancient platform but they could move in a straight line. Both were quicker to 60 than the 90's impala SS.

There was no Silverado 5.3 SS that I can find any record of. It was always the 6.0L with AWD or 2wd.

I get throwing a bumper or two on and a set of wheels, lowering it and going for a ride. I won't understand the SS badges, interior components, and I really don't get the engine swappers. If you're going to go through all that trouble and expense buy what you wanted in the first place.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Hell if someone REALLY cloned a TBSS (which its been done I know) Id drive the shit outta it. But I wouldn't throw SS badges on it. It'd be cool knowing u built a REAL clone. Not some turd someone put "SS" seats in (which was wrong font) and took lots of drugs and threw it on craigslist to sell it. (For more drugs)lol. But in the day hell LOTS of camaro enthusiasts made RS's into SS clones and looked sweet and were fast. Why not a 4.2 or 5.3 that looks like an SS. I think they just look good......

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
judging by the seats i think he's trying to build an impala ss clone
the 4.2 has as much hp as the 90's lt1 so technically i think thats fair :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sad...just sad

Bub

Nov 21, 2011
so much haterade, i like the ss wheels on a 4wd stance, who was it that had the 2" lifted ss on the old site, shit looked good IMHO, agreed that it def isn't a clone but it is def a work in progress i suppose he could put some "LS/SS" badgeing as it is called who knows :confused:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
Look at the car seat right behind the driver. Nobody would put a single car seat behind the driver unless the passenger side ALSO has a rug rat there.

We keep our car seat behind the driver. Natural reaction of driver is to get themselves out of harms way so keeping the little one in that position is safer.

checo3423

Jun 28, 2012
Those aren't even the real TBSS seats, pure fake.....

I'm building my 02 & would never put SS on it anywhere, it's not one.

Like having a 318 BMW & putting M3 Emblems on it, drives me nuts!

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
checo3423 said:
Those aren't even the real TBSS seats, pure fake.....

I'm building my 02 & would never put SS on it anywhere, it's not one.

Like having a 318 BMW & putting M3 Emblems on it, drives me nuts!

I have seen a few people do that!!

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
They made a Tahoe SS as well. The Silverado wasn't a 5.3 it did deserve the SS badge. One of my neighbors still has one he bought new.

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
We keep our car seat behind the driver. Natural reaction of driver is to get themselves out of harms way so keeping the little one in that position is safer.

Same here. Our lone car seat is behind the driver since it's simpler to get everyone loaded on one side if it's just the driver and the kiddo.

So yeah, should I get some Gran Sport or GNX badges for the Rainier??!!? I'd be the coolest mofo at the local discotech, roller rink, or wherever the youth of today congregate!

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
thought the "Tahoe SS" was introduced as a concept vehicle and didnt make it to production

drkhead

Jun 26, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Ok so I am on craigs and put in trailblazer SS rims to see whats out there just for the hell of it and I ran across this....come on whos ride is this?? This is not even close to a SS clone :rotfl:

trailblazer ss clone trade

"I have a 2002 chevy trailblazer clone not a real ss but looks like it better on gas", "spent thousands on ebay to make a clone", "it has the complete real ss interior" yeah no you don't lol :no::no: adding rims, a badge, steering wheel and seats does not count I am sorry!!

Asking price is a bit high for that many miles don't you think :hopeless::hopeless:

Hell this is more of a clone then what they have and its still not there yet lol

2003 Chevy Trailblazer 95K 22 Inch rims TV radio Best Offer

Aww he mustve got mad and removed the post. I'm too late - no more pic

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.