yoshi's build 05 TB

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
So I finally have gotten around to making a build thread here goes nothing lol.

This is how she looked when I first got her,

one of the first things I had to get done was fix a small evap leak that tuned out to be a destroyed gas cap

after that it was down to the norm, changing out a messed up ball join,fluids change and resonator delete.

Now that i had done all the important things it was time to have abit of fun installed my backup cam and while i had the headliner down installed 2 nmo mount antennas and ran the pre wiring.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Looks good! What's the antennas for? PS: now you look like an under cover cop, all of them around here have two of those small antennas on the rear of the roof. :yes:

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Mounce said:
Looks good! What's the antennas for? PS: now you look like an under cover cop, all of them around here have two of those small antennas on the rear of the roof. :yes:
Thank you also I use them with my volunteer ems. lol lucky I didn't have anymore then I would have really had the undercover look.

Reactions: Mounce

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Switching jobs has really taken away my free time but finally this weekend I was able to install my 2 kenwood radios.
I looked at alot of different mounting ideas but I really wanted a low profile look that did not let them be seen from out side, so with that in mind the center console bucket was the way to go.

the bucket was deep enough but just abit to small on the width side so I cut the sides out to give the radios a nice snug fit then drilled the 2 holes for power and antenna lines.

now for the end result I still need to clean it up abit and add in mic hangers (vhf top uhf under)

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
I finally got around to to redoing my lightings switches and rear power. I still got more to add but this got all the pre wiring done and out the way for now.

looks abit messy but I got it all organized when I finished that day

Overhead wires for the switches

Finally the overhead with the switches installed as it stands right now from left to right is Front lights,Rear lights and the last 2 switches will be for flood lights on my pushbar when i get one or they will be for flood lights mounted on the right and left side of the truck not to sure as of yet. let me know what you guys think.

Reactions: dmanns67

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Mounce said:
That's slick. Switches look good. What's that yellow box with wires coming out of it? Clear box is a fuse box?
Thanks man. Also the yellow box is a havis chargeguard it lets the lights run for a preset time after the truck is shut off so they don't drain the battery and yes the clear one is the fuse box for just the back.

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Mounce said:
That's cool, didn't know such a module was readily available.
yeah they are normal on ebay for a good price and its always good to keep your battery safe

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
well all fun came to an end when the truck started to throw misfire codes and running very rough so now its sitting in the shop :sadcry:
this was pulled for cylinder 3

Reactions: Gerbil21

808_LS_EXT

Aug 28, 2014
yohshua said:
well all fun came to an end when the truck started to throw misfire codes and running very rough so now its sitting in the shop :sadcry:
this was pulled for cylinder 3

Bummer :sadcry:

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
added some more wiring to the rear power, I now have the radio on there own changeguard and a line form the battery,also I had to put in place a better grounding setup since i added 4 new lights. still needs abit more organizing

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
added my new front fuse block only to notice that area catches alot of water after washing the truck :/ . so looks like im gonna have to find a better location for it latter on

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
another update finally lol
got my 2 aux switches wired up to the front ready for led pods

added in the 2 speakers for my radios was a hard time finding good mounting spots but this works good so much easier to hear in traffic

after all the fun it was time to figuer out why i was having an odd idle and look what i found -_-

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
after dealing with the tc flutter driving me crazy it was time for the shift kit

getting this part out was a pita as there was a slight lip that had to be shaved down. once that was done it came right out

nothing like seeing new rotors lol way over due all 4 and pads

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
I found out the hard way that the led pods don't really fit right behind the grill so the best way to go was with the low profile bars

aux 1 from the switches in an older post control this bar and its relay. power being taken from the junction box

Reactions: dmanns67

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
my cloth chairs have been over due for a change out, so i picked myself up some nice 04 leather chairs with 4 way lumbar :smile: took a bit of work to get them set for my 05 but it was worth it.
Here is the link to the write up,
( http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/14158-how-to-swap-02-04-seats-into-05-tbenvoy/ )

got a small tear to fix but not a big deal

rear seats done as well
DSC_0053.jpg

Next will be pulling the carpet out waiting for the order to come in

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
update removed all of the old carpet for the new one that i got from stock interiors the fit was not as good as it thought it would be. needed some trimming and cut outs for center console and wiring also there basic backing is trash its to thin and dose not full line up but aside from that it looks good was able to rewire the backup cam as well

Reactions: Blckshdw and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I too am looking forward to seeing how it comes out Yoshi. My carpet is so discolored and stained from the previous owner. I just wanna get a brand new one in black. But I don't want thin backing like you unfortunately received.

Reactions: yohshua

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
BlazingTrails said:
I'm interested in seeing the finished product. Right now that carpet looks like it doesn't fit very well and is all wrinkled up. I was considering getting new carpet as well but I am interested in OEM quality.
after some work the front and rear look good the cargo area eh doesn't look the best and still shows signs of wrinkling
if i could do it over i would find a better company or get a good oem carpet out of another truck

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Capote said:
I too am looking forward to seeing how it comes out Yoshi. My carpet is so discolored and stained from the previous owner. I just wanna get a brand new one in black. But I don't want thin backing like you unfortunately received.
that's the same reason i changed the one i had and to also match the new chairs.
on the company side it says they offer a backing that close to oem but never said the basic one would be so bad or not line up right
also with this carpet i had to make cut outs for the bcm,all the chair bolts,cargo tie down hooks as well

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
yohshua said:
after some work the front and rear look good the cargo area eh doesn't look the best and still shows signs of wrinkling
if i could do it over i would find a better company or get a good oem carpet out of another truck
So stockinteriors.com stinks huh? That sucks because I planned on ordering from them [emoji29]

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Capote said:
So stockinteriors.com stinks huh? That sucks because I planned on ordering from them [emoji29]
i dont wanna sound like im bashing them but this is just my experience there molding is nothing like the oem fit but then again its aftermarket the carpet dose feel good and looks so much better the my original one
I reused the oem cargo area backing to give it a more full feels

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
yohshua said:
i dont wanna sound like im bashing them but this is just my experience there molding is nothing like the oem fit but then again its aftermarket the carpet dose feel good and looks so much better the my original one
I reused the oem cargo area backing to give it a more full feels
So if I do pull the trigger on their carpets, I should pay the extra money to have the better backing then huh?

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
here are some more shots for you guys so you get a better idea
also they don't give you anything for the cargo cover you keep what color you had before

this pic came out bad when i took my floor mats off the color is solid not two toney

passenger area,
DSC_0135%202.jpg

cargo area im gonna throw a weather tech on this and it should look better :smile:

DSC_0141.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Holy crap those wrinkles are massive in the cargo area. Looks smooth and properly fit everywhere else

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Capote said:
Holy crap those wrinkles are massive in the cargo area. Looks smooth and properly fit everywhere else
0_0 i know i hope after time it will smooth out or again with a mat over it i wont notice anymore

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
yohshua said:
0_0 i know i hope after time it will smooth out or again with a mat over it i wont notice anymore
Yeah a cargo cover will mask that nicely at least[emoji41] and yes, it should smooth put over time I'd assume

Reactions: yohshua

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Good info. I had been planning to swap to black carpet from that company for years, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I noticed their comments about the backing, and assumed I'd want the better backing option, your experience just confirms that.

What kinda packaging did it arrive in? I'm guessing that could have contributed to some of the wrinkle issue?

Reactions: yohshua and Capote

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Capote said:
Yeah a cargo cover will mask that nicely at least[emoji41] and yes, it should smooth put over time I'd assume
yeah we shall see

Blckshdw said:
Good info. I had been planning to swap to black carpet from that company for years, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I noticed their comments about the backing, and assumed I'd want the better backing option, your experience just confirms that.

What kinda packaging did it arrive in? I'm guessing that could have contributed to some of the wrinkle issue?
I hope it goes better for you them it did for me also it was all folded in a big cardboard box

yohshua

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
BlazingTrails said:
I'm sure the wrinkles will work themselves out in due time. congrats on replacing your carpet, enjoy having that "new car smell" again :smile:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online