XUV Tail Light

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
So I know I heard that at one time, the XUV had a aftermarket tail light option, but I searched, and could not find anything about it, or a picture of them. Does anyone have this?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I don't remember talks about one for the XUV, but for the standard Envoy. Only rear light mods I'm familiar with was when a member on the OS swapped out some 4" driving lights, for the reverse light/reflector combo in the bumper to get higher output and not need to install aux lights.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Aren't they the same for the XUV as the SWB/XL Envoy?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Of course it had to be different. It looks similar in shape to the 9-7x but longer unless that's just the angle of that pic.

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Well thats disheartening. Was hoping to use my Google.fu to find them..

Billdaman1

Nov 14, 2018
Ohio
I assume you mean a custom design aftermarket tail lamp. No aftermarket custom tail lamps were made to my knowledge and I have an almost sick obsession with the GMT305. The challenges: fit to the quarter panel, Buttress, the color coded trim that snaps onto the tail lamp bracket and finally a fit to the tailgate.

Way more interfaces on a 305 than a typical taillight. They did make aftermarket OEM replacements for a while, although I don’t see them for sale anymore. I just purchased a new old stock 305 tail lame for 25$ on eBay, so they are still out there if it’s OEM your looking for.

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Mine are still factory originals, and are in good shape. I just remember seeing a set of aftermarkets. They were kinda like the Altezza's, chrome with red domes, but I have not seen a set in YEARS!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You mean these? These are the only style of Voy tails I remember that sound like that. Never seen any for XUVs though.

1607012660889.png

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
They were kinda like that, but yes.. It was 10-13 years ago last time I saw a pair..

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I don't remember talks about one for the XUV, but for the standard Envoy. Only rear light mods I'm familiar with was when a member on the OS swapped out some 4" driving lights, for the reverse light/reflector combo in the bumper to get higher output and not need to install aux lights.
Revisiting this, cause I really need some reverse lighting.. Are the fog lights like a direct bolt in? Just seeing if you have any more info..

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Also, the XUV got a completely different reverse light package from the Envoy..

GMC Envoy Rear Chrome Trunk Lid Trim, Rear Chrome TrimFile:GMC-Envoy-XUV-rear.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Revisiting this, cause I really need some reverse lighting.. Are the fog lights like a direct bolt in? Just seeing if you have any more info..

The driving lights were aftermarket, so I believe some mods were needed to attach them to the bumper, and the wiring had to be modded, but size wise, they fit right in. I know sometime recently, someone else posted that they did this mod on a Voy, can't remember who it was off the top of my head.

Edit: found this post from @northcreek :thumbsup:

I bought a set of cheap driving lights like these and installed them in place of the stock BU lights.
They fit the hole but, you will have to modify/cut out the existing brackets to get them in deep enough(flush) and you will have to splice in the proper connectors. It's easy enough to do and worth the effort...Mike.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2008-GMC-Envoy-Fog-Lights-Clear-Lens-Front-Driving-Bumper-Lamps-PAIR/251416813659?fits=Model:Envoy&epid=1011320559&hash=item3a899c205b:g:EQsAAOxyaTxTTb78&vxp=mtr
1608143200836.png

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online