WANTED XUV Rear Window Wiper Motor and Door Actuators

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
So the Wiper motor gave up the ghost, and so did my rear lower door lock actuator.

Seeing if anyone happens to go to a salvage yard with a 2004-05 XUV for these parts. I know the actuators are pretty simple to pull if you have the torx bit to unbolt them from the door. I think the wiper motor is 3 bolts as well, plus the output bolt.

GM Part # for the rear wiper motor is 10372434
GM Part # for the rear gate actuators 15778433 and 15778435

All are available new, but I am not that rich!

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
We have an XUV here at the junkyard . Havent been all week so dont know whats available on it but Ill ck tomorrow or Saturday if their open.

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Thanks.. One other item I am looking for, on the drivers door. The door handle bracket?

Only thing I can relate to is this..

Which from my understandings, can come from any Envoy.

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
I think those brackets on ebay replace the piece that is broken off the door panel. I believe the only way to not use them is to replace the entire door panel.

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I did not know that.... Thanks

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I saw an XUV in the yard a couple of weeks ago but not sure if it's still there. Because of the shipping from here, I'll wait for what @aaserv says about the one near him.

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Ill go in the morning, but i will say this. Sometimes rear door parts are the hardest to get because if the hatch is locked there is no way (that i know of) to unlock them manually. If anyone knows how Id sure love to find it out...

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
LOL.. That one I dont know other than to bring a battery from a power tool with you, and try hotwiring it from inside the gate. Might be some work....

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
FYI, went to the yard today and the XUV was gone. Hope you have better luck.

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Reactions: Mooseman

flowintx

Mar 26, 2020
Texas
We have an XUV here at the junkyard . Haven't been all week so don't know whats available on it but Ill ck tomorrow or Saturday if their open.

I am looking for a part as well. Can you please call me when you get to the yard tomorrow? My cell number is 340-201-0791. I an ISO the rear roof motor.... you know, the one that has been discontinued and impossible to find.... smh. https://www.quirkparts.com/oem-parts/gm-motor-88980206?c=az0x

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Rear roof motor? So the XUV has 2 sunroofs? I never even looked at 1 up close really. I was supposed to get to the yard Saturday but didnt make it. I will try again tomorrow.

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
This is what a search for the number shows. Is that the motor/actuator ? Doesnt look much like a motor in the pic..
6d6bb2c063fd169806bdf9247dfc5d60.png

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
I found 2 videos on the xuv. If either of you guys see the part you need on 1 of these if would let me know the time stamp on it so I can try to get the right thing the 1st time.

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
some pics i found also.

Attachments

• 20150604_002101.jpg
    20150604_002101.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150604_004115.jpg
    20150604_004115.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: flowintx

flowintx

Mar 26, 2020
Texas
some pics i found also.

Yes sir. That is the part I am looking for. The motor on the right. 24044090. I may end up needing the circuit board on the left, but for now, I think all i need is the motor. Is that available for sale??? Is that what you are telling me?

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
I don't know for sure. All I know is there is an XUV at the junkyard I go to. Im going to try my best to get there tomorrow and ck it out.

Reactions: flowintx

flowintx

Mar 26, 2020
Texas
I don't know for sure. All I know is there is an XUV at the junkyard I go to. Im going to try my best to get there tomorrow and ck it out.

AWWW. MAN! Just checking is awesome. I realllllly appreciate you. I have been trying to get this truck acting right since before I was diagnosed with Cancer. Its been my dream to finish it.... I really cant thank you enough for even just looking.

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
I understand completely. Bought mine after years of wanting a V-8.. Mine needs a lot more work than I originally thought and Though it pales in comparison to your problem I have heart and lung issues that dont let me work like I used to. And now with this virus I have to be especially careful cus if I get it Im a goner. My lungs couldnt take it for sure.

Will get to this tomorrow if at all possible..

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Ok Guys I got some parts. For FlowinTex I got the motor and the white module goes next to it.

For Tollkeeper I got the wiper motor but could not for the life of me figure out a way to get that back door open. If you can find me some instructions on how to do it I can go back but I took the inside of the door completely off and all i could see thru there was window glass parts. Honestly I couldnt even tell which side was hinged. This car doesnt have any keys or fob i could locate so unless we can find the specific wires to put power too I just dont know..

You guys can email me at my name here on GMT + @cox.net. Send me a zipcode in your initial email so i can get a price on shipping.

They are running some kind of deal due to the virus where they are extending the warranty on parts until June 30th.....Ofcourse there is no real warranty I can just return them for store credit but thats fine I go there all the time . But if you want to return them Ill need them back here BEFORE June30th so dont waste much time getting them ckd out. They look good and dont anticipate any problem but you never know. By all the tree sap on the car and the fact it wasnt wrecked it looks like its set up for a couple of years at least. But we have no rust problems down here and none of it looks to have been exposed to water so hopefully we back in business....

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Email sent.. Thanks bud!

@flowintx - Have you done the relearn process for the tailgate or window?

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
@aaserv - Paypal Sent.. Thanks!

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Its on the way, said it should be Friday. ill email ya the tracking number.

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I finally got around to installing it yesterday. Worked perfectly. Thanks!

EDIT: Have to ask.... How in the hell did you get the wiper motor out with the door closed, and assumably with the window in place? I had to almost completely dismantle the door, including taking out the glass, to get the motor out.

Have to also ask, have you heard from @flowintx since getting the parts? Doesnt look like he has checked in since before you got the parts?

Last edited:

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
i took the inside of the door off, wasnt much trouble. didnt even open it or touch the glass.

yea never heard from the other guy and the phone number he posted was for somewhere in the virgin islands! And those parts were a bitch.. had to take off the mounting bolts for the top door, lay on my back and kick the door off....and then unbolt them from the tiny crack they were mounting in. no big deal, somebody here will need em 1 day or they'll end up on ebay with the piles of other things ill never use i got laying around here..

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Tollkeeper.........I was wrong about those door parts. I have a couple broke on 1 of my doors and saw that they are replaceable. Im going to try to hit the u-pull-it this week and look for some. May or may not get any cus they seem to be broke on just about every door Ive come across but Im going to get all I can.

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Sounds good. I know the mechanism can be manually activated, its in one of the threads I just looked at recently. But I cant imagine seeing the tab you have to press, and pressing both the upper and lower at the same time. Yikes. I can find them new (eBay), but they are pricey, and I already replaced one, and it lasted 2 months before it was as screwed up as the one I took off.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online