XUV at the end of the road... Grieving!

Billdaman1

Original poster
Nov 14, 2018
Ohio
The time has come to part with big Red. I worked on this vehicle for the first sketches to the Launch in OKA City. The truck has been great. As part of the “grieving“ process I decided to install the tent Kit for the first time. I thought about leaving the kit unopened to keep it worth more, but it’s something I Just had to do.

Although they are becoming rare they still don’t sell for much. Can’t keep paying 150 a month to store it. So I. Spending a few more weeks with her before saying good bye. What a truck!

B79D503F-41D4-4671-8B77-D98F110296F9.jpeg
EF64364B-0657-4E40-A9C4-C28B0F37C0DF.jpeg
3DB73A8B-E94C-4438-A8C4-64824DE615DE.jpeg8EDA3B6B-1181-4964-AC67-7C1F57C3C226.jpeg

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I wasn't aware that the XUV came with a tent kit! So it seems like GM thought it was a good idea to bring that over from the Aztec?

Condition wise, it looks great! I always wanted an XUV, but every single one I came across was beaten down/mechanically unwell. If I had the funding, I'd take it off your hands.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
That's a beauty and reminiscent of the good old days when GM dared to be different.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I didn't even know about this. Wow! A road warrior's dream. Looks like she's still in great shape.

Reactions: mrrsm

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Glad to see I am not the only one with the Tent Kit. I also have one for my Aztek. Still in their sealed from the factory boxes.. But I do have them. I am not much for camping....

Shes a beaut. I like the Red on yours. The first one I went to look at was identical to this, but was a 2wd, so it was a no-go.

Might I ask why you are thinking of getting rid of her? Looks like your has the LL8 I6?

Billdaman1

Original poster
Nov 14, 2018
Ohio
Glad to see I am not the only one with the Tent Kit. I also have one for my Aztek. Still in their sealed from the factory boxes.. But I do have them. I am not much for camping....

Shes a beaut. I like the Red on yours. The first one I went to look at was identical to this, but was a 2wd, so it was a no-go.

Might I ask why you are thinking of getting rid of her? Looks like your has the LL8 I6?

The tent kit never was used prior to just installing it, but I wanted to be sure it was still in good working condition before selling it, and I just had to see it in place. Makes for good photos to sell the truck.

The tents and mattresses are somewhat rare so maybe the next owner will buy them from me or if not I will eBay it. Actually, I have almost every GM accessory that was sold for the XUV which I will be pulling together to sell.

I would like to keep the truck, but I only have a three car garage and the truck makes four vehicles. It’s in the way in my driveway so I have kept it in storage at 150$ a month the past year since buying my daughter a different car. Leaving it sitting outdoors year round would eat at the underbody and destroy it. The high brow neighbor’s wouldn’t appreciate it either 😡

If it would be worth it someday, I would try to find permanent storage somewhere. However, I don’t see it gaining significantly in value during my lifetime, e.g. the storage costs Vs future value will never be a break even proposition.

Sad because they only sell for around $4,000 currently which Is what makes it tough to sell, tough to keep.

• Sad
Reactions: Mooseman

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
They go for cheaper in my neck of the woods. Theres one thats been on craigslist for a long time (over a year) and still hasnt sold. He has it listed for 2400 last seen.

I might be interested in your "I have almost every GM accessory that was sold for the XUV which I will be pulling together to sell". Other than the guys on the Facebook XUV group, I think I am about the only one around here any more. And I still love my XUV!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Its really amazing how much stuff you can put in the back of one of these..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online