XM Radio

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
So per my build sheet, I have XM radio, but when I switch the band, no XM option comes up. I am thinking its unplugged somewhere, but am unsure where the XM module is.

ANyone have an idea?

This is on my Esky..

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Yours is the twin of the 99-07 crew cab pickups, right? IIRC, the XM module is on the passenger side, underneath the knee bolster, under the glovebox. I haven't removed mine, yet, but plan to (so if yours isn't there, hit me up. It'll be yours for shipping). It's thin, and about 4" x 6", IIRC (smaller than the OnStar module).

On my Sierra, the HU has a specific 'XM' button or two on the face, IIRC. I do know for a fact that when you cycle through the 'band' selections, 'XM' appears on the display. So I have the HU and the module (I plan on using neither, but kinda want to hold onto the HU in case I ever sell the truck).

I've had the HU out about a year ago, and I know there's nothing visible on the radio chassis that would suggest an XM daughterboard in there, etc. Nor do I remember a second XM-specific antenna lead. I can get to it quickly if you want me to check / grab a photo - I have the dash bezel off right now.

My truck has the Bose option, so there's a sub and amp under the center console (you may / may not have same, since you have the rear seating / interior panels -- pretty sure GM puts the sub there, in all SUVs of that vintage, and the amp may be back there, too)

You should also have the small antenna on the front roof (I forget which side; mine has the XM antenna on the one side, and the OnStar on the other. One of these days, I'll take them both off and fill in the holes. Emphasis on 'one of these days' (so I can't throw the antenna your way, either... sorry)

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Found this for an 05

It's is to the right of the glove box. Open the glove box door, then release the stops so it goes all the way down. You'll see it to the right. FYI - you only have to unplug the XM received, you don't have to remove it. It's kind of a PITA to do but typical of me, I had to do that when I changed over to Sirius. I mounted the Sirius receiver in the same spot.
I meant to post this earlier but it stayed as a draft.

Reactions: Matt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online