XM Radio B%llsh*t!!!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
After reading some of the other reviews on the net, and yours above... I am so glad I went with the BlueFusion. It works, it works well.. Only a few people I talk to can tell I am on a cell phone. And thats probably related to where I have the mic mounted. I was to lazy to wire it up to the console. On top of that, it streams in CD quality, and, it allows me to watch movies, and have good sound, albeit on a 6 inch screen. BTW, the Blue Fusion will put the Phone # on the DIC and on the screen of the radio. at least it does in mine.

As far as the XM stuff goes, I just got a mailer that is offering Sirius for 25 bucks for 6 months. And it used the standard XM/Sirius call in #.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
06Envoy said:
So I have had the Costar unit in for a few weeks now.
I thought I'd give a bit of a status update.

The short verdict is 'The thing sucks.'

Sorry you're having so many problems with it. I'd only known about that the unit existed, didn't know anyone who'd bought one nor of the problems it has. After your experience, I certainly won't be mentioning it again and will forget it exists.

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
TollKeeper said:
After reading some of the other reviews on the net, and yours above... I am so glad I went with the BlueFusion. It works, it works well.. Only a few people I talk to can tell I am on a cell phone. And thats probably related to where I have the mic mounted. I was to lazy to wire it up to the console. On top of that, it streams in CD quality, and, it allows me to watch movies, and have good sound, albeit on a 6 inch screen. BTW, the Blue Fusion will put the Phone # on the DIC and on the screen of the radio. at least it does in mine.

As far as the XM stuff goes, I just got a mailer that is offering Sirius for 25 bucks for 6 months. And it used the standard XM/Sirius call in #.

:raspberry: Ya I was waiting for you to pipe in....:biggrin: Didn't take long.....:rotfl: :smile:
Actually it's all good. Hopefully this thread will help someone else make up thier mind.

I may take a closer look at that Bluefusion unit..
Just to clarify then, can you use your xm radio with that unit plugged in?

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Matt said:
Sorry you're having so many problems with it. I'd only known about that the unit existed, didn't know anyone who'd bought one nor of the problems it has. After your experience, I certainly won't be mentioning it again and will forget it exists.

Oh no worries. Someone has to try one first. :thumbsup:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
06Envoy said:
:raspberry: Ya I was waiting for you to pipe in....:biggrin: Didn't take long.....:rotfl: :smile:
Actually it's all good. Hopefully this thread will help someone else make up thier mind.

I may take a closer look at that Bluefusion unit..
Just to clarify then, can you use your xm radio with that unit plugged in?

I would have to say yes. In my install kit, there was a wiring harness for those with XM, and without. With XM, the install is quicker than those without. I did not have XM, So I had to remove the radio, and hard wire the power. With XM, you drop your glove box lid (I beleive thats where the XM Module is on the GMT360), unplug the XM, put the harness in, re-plug in your XM unit, mount the BlueFusion module (most just ZipTie it to the XM Module), and run the Mic to where you want to mount. It takes all of 15 mins for those with XM. Without, about 1.5 hours.

goulds48

Jan 11, 2012
06Envoy said:
Hey, thanks for posting this up!
If it saves even one member here a few bucks by calling that other # then you've done the community a service!

Thanks again for posting that up! :thumbsup:

Anytime, I have used it for a couple of years now, LOL been a member since XM came out, so I figured time for me to save some coin for other mods:biggrin:

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
After dicking around with that Bluetooth Costar unit, I had had enough.
So, while my mom went shopping for a new car last weekend, I walked around the service shop at the dealership. I found this unit sitting on the wall.

It was a decent enough price, so I picked it up.
4879-100-0942.jpg

4881-100-0944.jpg

4882-100-0945.jpg

4883-100-0946.jpg

It doesn't do bluetooth AND XM radio at the same time though.
And I have to buy another $400 worth of adapters, etc to make it work in my truck.
And it's an older unit, gently used.
But, it should work ok.

I guess my question is, will XM Radio transfer my subscription to a new device? Will it be a PITA, or will it be painless?
I will keep you guys posted as the news happens.

EDIT: Just in case Harmless is reading, it's true!!! We DO have cookies on our side!

MMIN

Feb 26, 2012
I guess my question is, will XM Radio transfer my subscription to a new device? Will it be a PITA, or will it be painless?

Anything you do with them is generally a PITA, but yes, they will do it. Just call up and tell them you need to deactivate one and activate the new one. They generally charge a $15 transfer fee that they don't seem to budge on. Yell and scream and threaten to cancel and maybe they will. We don't deal Kenwood but that is a great unit as long as the price was right!

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
MMIN said:
Anything you do with them is generally a PITA, but yes, they will do it. Just call up and tell them you need to deactivate one and activate the new one. They generally charge a $15 transfer fee that they don't seem to budge on. Yell and scream and threaten to cancel and maybe they will. We don't deal Kenwood but that is a great unit as long as the price was right!

Cool! Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

I'm still waiting for the adapters to show up, and I can't wait to try this out!

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
06Envoy said:
EDIT: Just in case Harmless is reading, it's true!!! We DO have cookies on our side!

So is that the pack you were supposed to get when Mamma picked up the decals and tried to pass me a "wad" of cash?!? HRMMM? :raspberry: Or you just planting bags of cookies everywhere now cause I'm watching?! :rotfl:

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
harmless said:
So is that the pack you were supposed to get when Mamma picked up the decals and tried to pass me a "wad" of cash?!? HRMMM? :raspberry: Or you just planting bags of cookies everywhere now cause I'm watching?! :rotfl:

Ummmm,
A little from column A and a little from column B! :wink:

rawilsoniii

Mar 18, 2012
TollKeeper said:
I would have to say yes. In my install kit, there was a wiring harness for those with XM, and without. With XM, the install is quicker than those without. I did not have XM, So I had to remove the radio, and hard wire the power. With XM, you drop your glove box lid (I beleive thats where the XM Module is on the GMT360), unplug the XM, put the harness in, re-plug in your XM unit, mount the BlueFusion module (most just ZipTie it to the XM Module), and run the Mic to where you want to mount. It takes all of 15 mins for those with XM. Without, about 1.5 hours.

Do you leave the female hanging and hard wire yellow to power and black to ground??? I bought one and have no XM installed. Thanks

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I have steering wheel controls, so I still had that plug. If you dont have anything plugged in there, then yes, you would leave it hanging.

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
rawilsoniii said:
Do you leave the female hanging and hard wire yellow to power and black to ground??? I bought one and have no XM installed. Thanks

WELCOME !

Please post up your experiences with the unit .

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
The CDN Distributor has offered a full refund of the unit.
I have already obtained my RMA # and will ship it back to him this week.

I will update with my thoughts when I get my refund.

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ok, so I have a new Sat radio problem.

The Kenwood HU is installed and everything works like a charm.
Except my XM radio.
I havn't purchased the module yet, and now I have to choose between XM or Sirius.

These are the two options and part#'s that I can buy;
SAT Ready (Requires CA-SR20V + Sirius SC-C1 Tuner or KCA-XM100V + XM Mini Tuner)

The choice to me is really easy. I want the KCA-XM100V. However it is a discontinued part and there is no direct replacement.
I can however purchase the Sirius part.

Does any one know the difference between the two?
Will XM transfer my subscription to Sirius?
Does anyone have a KCA-XM100V for sale? I did find one (just one) on Ebay, but the vendor does not ship to Canada. :frown:

Always issues eh?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
You could always see if one of your american GMT bretheran could buy it for you, and ship it to you..

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
TollKeeper said:
You could always see if one of your american GMT bretheran could buy it for you, and ship it to you..

:biggrin: Ok!
Is there anyone residing in the USA willing to receive an Ebay auction and then reship the XM Tuner to me?
I would use Paypal to reimburse the re-shipping costs.

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I finally got my HU installed and everything is working just fine except the Sat Radio.
Bluetooth works like a charm. :smile:
6007-img-20120414-155919.jpg

I just managed to ship out the Bluestar unit for a refund last week. Hopefully I will receive a refund!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
06Envoy said:
:biggrin: Ok!
Is there anyone residing in the USA willing to receive an Ebay auction and then reship the XM Tuner to me?
I would use Paypal to reimburse the re-shipping costs.

I can help with that..

A couple ways to do it. You bid, and win on the auction, pay the seller thru your paypal, and have it shipped to me. Once it gets to me, I can reship it back to you, once I have the payment for shipping.

I just shipped my Nav unit to Calgary, and it cost about 60 bucks. Just an FYI.

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I have received a full refund for the Costar Bluestar unit!

The CDN distributor has the best customer service possible.
It's too bad about the unit itself.

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
TollKeeper said:
I can help with that..

A couple ways to do it. You bid, and win on the auction, pay the seller thru your paypal, and have it shipped to me. Once it gets to me, I can reship it back to you, once I have the payment for shipping.

I just shipped my Nav unit to Calgary, and it cost about 60 bucks. Just an FYI.

Excellent! Thanks for the offer! I think I'll take you up on it. I'll go look for that unit on Ebay and make sure it's still there...

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Thanks for the offer, but the XM radio adapter was gone.

Sooooo, instead I bought the Sirius adapter kit the Kenwood and installed it.
Works good on the preview channel.
Now I have to call Sirius up and see if they will transfer my XM subscription.

I have no idea if they will or not. If not, will XM offer a refund prorated on unused months?
Lots of calls to be made this week.

Wish me luck! (I'm a gonna need it if I want Satt radio when driving to Harmless's place for the mod weekend!)

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
While driving to the GMTNation mod weekend, I called up Sirius and subscribed.

They would not transfer my exisiting XM subscription, so I had to buy a new one.
BUT I did get the $50 new subscriber discount, so it wasn't too bad.

My new big problem is what do I do with my old XM subscription?
I had prepaid for the year. It's still attached to my old factory HU.

Am I correct in thinking that it could be installed on any 360/370 with an antenna withut anything being done do it?
Because it's still active and attached to that radio, it should be good to install for anyone?

Thoughts?

Anyone wanna buy an OEM HU with BOSE and an active XM for cheap?

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
06Envoy said:
Anyone wanna buy an OEM HU with BOSE and an active XM for cheap?

How about you hook it up with some speakers in that big yellow GMTNation monster of yours...

At least then, you'd have something to listen to during your two month trip down here to get the rims chromed out... :rotfl:

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ha! It's not the tunes I'll be worrying about on that trip.

It's the fact that I won't be able to pack in enough food to keep me going for those two months!
Your homemade supper was great! I'll txt you my GPS co-ordinates every meal time, and you could drive up and feed me homemade meals for those two months ok?

We gots a deal?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Someone correct me if I am wrong....

But I think you just need to sell the XM box, and the wiring harness from the HU to the XM box..

If so.. I may be very interested..

I dont need the HU. I already have a brand new 6 disc, and a brand new installed nav system

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onheyla

Members Online