WTB: Envoy Denali parts

Raditude

Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
I have a Black 2002 GMC Envoy SLT.

I'd like to upgrade some of the parts, to make it look like and have the features of a Denali.

Upper Chrome Grill
Bumper Chrome Grill
Denali side emblems

Possibly a Nav Stereo, though I'm thinking of going with after-market.

I live in Shelbyville, IN 46176

There is no timeframe for when I plan to purchase, as I am low on funds right now.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Are you trying to clone a Denali or do you just like the grill? You'll need some 18" rims and a wood trimmed stearing wheel, Denali-only running boards among other things as well.

Raditude

Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Ideally, I'd like to clone the Denali, but I didn't know it had that much difference. The grill and emblems will be enough.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Raditude said:
Ideally, I'd like to clone the Denali, but I didn't know it had that much difference. The grill and emblems will be enough.

Don't forget about the V8.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Jkust said:
Don't forget about the V8.

There's also a rear bumper cover, chrome foglight bezels and Denali door sills to consider.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
My advice would be to jack up the radiator cap and drive a Denali under it:yes:...just sayin'..Mike.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Raditude said:
I'll just stick with the grill and emblems.

FWIW,I got a GM Denali badge on ebay Chevy GMC Yukon Denali Crome Emblem Name Plate 2007-2011 (C217-3z)(Qty 1) | eBay

I just wanted to replace the Envoy with Denali on the tailgate.Now it is a "GMC Denali" instead of a "GMC Envoy Denali" which seems like abuse of the english language.The new badge was a perfect match for the old badge as far as letter type and size.Maybe a little anal but,that's me....Mike.
View attachment 23306
View attachment 23307

Attachments

• denali 002.jpg
    denali 002.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 18
  • denali 003.jpg
    denali 003.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 10

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
northcreek said:
FWIW,I got a GM Denali badge on ebay Chevy GMC Yukon Denali Crome Emblem Name Plate 2007-2011 (C217-3z)(Qty 1) | eBay

I just wanted to replace the Envoy with Denali on the tailgate.Now it is a "GMC Denali" instead of a "GMC Envoy Denali" which seems like abuse of the english language.The new badge was a perfect match for the old badge as far as letter type and size.Maybe a little anal but,that's me....Mike.
View attachment 9850

Sorry, a lil off topic, Northcreek what exhaust tip do you have on there? I have a thread started on exhaust tips but not sure if I saw yours in there.

On topic, there was another member who made a matching lower grill for the Denali grill. It was a Yukon Denali lower grill he used, he had it cut to match the lower opening in the Bumber. It looked really nice! I forget the members name but think he sold the truck. There may be pictures if someone recalls his name. Might have been a white 05 Denali he had. It was in mint shape...

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Denali n DOO said:
Sorry, a lil off topic, Northcreek what exhaust tip do you have on there? I have a thread started on exhaust tips but not sure if I saw yours in there.

On topic, there was another member who made a matching lower grill for the Denali grill. It was a Yukon Denali lower grill he used, he had it cut to match the lower opening in the Bumber. It looked really nice! I forget the members name but think he sold the truck. There may be pictures if someone recalls his name. Might have been a white 05 Denali he had. It was in mint shape...

It's a Vibrant #1315 that is no longer made.I've been searching the internet to find another for the other side.This one on ebay is a close match that I may eventually have to settle on.I did see that lower grill,it was a nice look...Mike.
Brand New Polished Stainless Double Wall Oval Slant Exhaust Tip | eBay

Raditude

Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
I looked at the sides of my Envoy, and the Envoy emblem is moulded into the rub rail. It might take a little more expense than I'm willing to shell out, to make this into a Denali.

northcreek said:

View attachment 9850

That's a nice look. Think I might do that. I like that hitch cover, where do I find one of those?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Gm no longer makes these.....there was a fella on here who was gonna get some made.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
:nono: IMO it's a big no no badging your truck as something it's not. Add all the Denali parts to make it look good, but NO BADGES!!!

BeMyWheels

Dec 14, 2011
northcreek said:

View attachment 9850
View attachment 9851
Nice! How many miles do you have on your Envoy? Also, which brand of parking sensors are those and are you happy with their performance thus far? They look very factory! :thumbsup:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
BeMyWheels said:
Nice! How many miles do you have on your Envoy? Also, which brand of parking sensors are those and are you happy with their performance thus far? They look very factory! :thumbsup:

Thanks!,she's got about 60K miles now.
About the sensors,after much research and returned products there is only one kit to buy,maybe a little pricey but,as factory as you can get.I also have this kit on my wife's LTZ Malibu and they perform without hitch even with our salt laden winter driving.Don't bother with Steel Mate or any of the other Chinese crap that's out there...Mike.:thumbsup:

Bosch Park Pilot - complete parking pilot (aid) w/sensors and ECU - Universal | eBay

BTW Couldn't believe that GM never offered this as an option or even an accessory...so dumb!

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Jkust said:
Are you trying to clone a Denali or do you just like the grill? You'll need some 18" rims and a wood trimmed stearing wheel, Denali-only running boards among other things as well.

I've got a set of the 18" chrome wheels off my 2006 Denali. They have Goodyear Fortera tires on them with about 30% life left if you're interested. I'd love to have the garage space back. :yes:

Raditude

Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
RZAwora said:
I've got a set of the 18" chrome wheels off my 2006 Denali. They have Goodyear Fortera tires on them with about 30% life left if you're interested. I'd love to have the garage space back. :yes:

You still have those available? Got any pics? How much? Not really wantin to change the wheels, but if they're nice and the price is right...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli