1. We are working on the forum's attachment system. Attachments and avatars will be intermittently affected over the next 24 hours.
    Dismiss Notice

WANTED WTB: 06-07 EXT XL 4.2 eng complete

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by billzie, Aug 6, 2017.

1. billzie

billzie Well-Known Member

Howdy, I blew up the eng in my 06 EXT 4.2 and need a good engine for it. So looks like only 06-07 will work. Also, I'd prefer a complete engine assembly with everything on it, so EXT or XL would be best if possible. I'd prefer as low miles as possible and a known good running one of course .
    I live in SE Ohio 45701 would like to keep it within about 200 miles, so just about anywhere in Ohio, West Virginia, SW Pennsylvania, E Kentucky, SE or mid E Indiana, I am at a decent crossroads of US 50 and US 33 to get to most places in the area quickly.
    My only issue is this is my tow rig so it might take me a few days to work out a vehicle to come get it.
    Keep you eyes open for one and let me know, thanks
    74 zero, 59 zero, 5 ate ate ate
    Bill

2. djthumper

djthumper Administrator

Admin Post
  3. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

It doesn't have to be from an EXT or XL. They're all the same. Just the year that's important.

Redbeard and Tiggerr like this.
  4. jsheahawk

jsheahawk Well-Known Member

Yep. That's how I found mine.

Important but some years are compatible with others. I have an '04 engine in my '02 LS.

5. billzie

Thanks for the replies!
    I use car-part all the time to find compatibilities, but the prices for this engine are nuts especially with the high miles they seenm to have. I.e. One place wants $1000 for one with 180,000 mi! Next one was $900 with 175,000, I guess that's a huge discount lol.
    For just a engine long block (basically bare) it has to 06-07. However, in my search for PS pump and Alt, etc, all the sources list different part numbers for the EXT/XL. So IF I can find a complete engine from EXT/XL I'll take it, I need to rebuild/replace the PS pump and a spare Alt is always good to have.
    If anyone has eyes on one, let me know.
    Thanks! Bill

6. coolasice

coolasice Well-Known Member

I thought ext an XL ceased production in 05?

Weird... They ended in 06... Never seen an 06,. Always 05 or older.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  7. billzie

Well, I have an 06 EXT and I believe they were also available in 07. I think then only short wheelbase were available in 08 and 09.
    Still looking for one somewhat more affordable.

8. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

Last year for EXT/XL was 06.

9. billzie

I stand corrected.
    Please confirm if you can the issue of ext having different accessories i.e. Alt, ps pump, a/c comp.
    Thanks, Bill.

10. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

PS pump was a little different on the EXT possibly because it had a different ratio rack and pinion but physically the same. Everything else is the same.

11. Tiggerr

Tiggerr Gold Supporter

I believe the EXT also has a different AC compressor... due to the rear AC...

12. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

Nope, same compressor.