Writeup Explaing GMT360 Audio??

GS_Geoff

Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Hey all,

Is anyone aware of a decent writeup that has been done on just what the specs of the audio for these trucks is?

I'm specifically trying to rework the speakers in my 08 9-7X (w/ Bose). I'm finding so much conflicting information on speaker specs - such as what diameter will *actually* fit, impedance, etc.

Thanks!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
The rears you can replace with 6.5" 2 ways. The front doors are 8" mids, so you can replace with the same or smaller if you like. The dash tweeters are actually about 2" or so, but you can make a template and replace them with 1".

The front speakers are 2 ohms and the rears are 4 ohms and that's where the problem is. There's not a lot of components that are 2 ohms and none that I can find that have an 8" driver. JBL makes a component set that's 6.5" 2 ohms but at Sonic it's on back order.

Last edited:

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
The rears you can replace with 6.5" 2 ways. The front doors are 8" mids, so you can replace with the same or smaller if you like. The dash tweeters are actually about 2" or so, but you can make a template and replace them with 1".

The front speakers are 2 ohms and the rears are 4 ohms and that's where the problem is. There's not a lot of components that are 2 ohms and none that I can find that have an 8" driver. JBL makes a component set that's 6.5" 2 ohms but at Sonic it's on back order.

Your a lil off on the impedance. Dash is 2ohms, Front doors(subs) 1ohm, Rear doors 4ohms.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Your a lil off on the impedance. Dash is 2ohms, Front doors(subs) 1ohm, Rear doors 4ohms.

Thanks, I never measured, it's just info I retained from years ago for some odd reason.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.