Wow! What a nice home we have here... I really like it === GMTNation ROCKS!

Tuberattler

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Let me start out by saying that I've been on forums for years in the music and gear sector of things and you guys are doing a lot of really cool things right.

Also, what a community!! I've been asking for help on my current performance problem on my Envoy and the response and help has been overwhelming and quite frankly down right delightful. With the help of community members I got a little scolding (deserved) and prompting to do the right thing. I've even had an offer for hands on help with a fellow Wash-a-tonian on a trip through my town, can you believe that? That's so cool!

Now, I didn't know the right course of action to take on getting my beloved Envoy back to her old self. (don't dis me for referring to the Envoy as female as I'd rather be driving a female any day of the week as opposed to a, er a male so to speak) as I haven't had to work on my cars for the last 20 or so years. I've been selling Real Estate and up until this recent economy I haven't had to. I'm not apologizing, just sayin'.

So you can understand that I needed a little guidance to get back into the swing of things. I was mechanic in my younger days specializing in commercial and 2-cycle engines so with a little help from the net and a lot of help from this community I'm on my way to getting my rig back into daily drivable condition.

Not only all this I'm learning about things and having a great time doing things with my hands- mechanical wise as I haven't realized how much I missed turning a wrench.. I did it for years but that was a lifetime ago.

Anyways, just wanted to express how much I appreciate this place because of the way I've been made to feel welcome and apart of this very special community when I'm just walking through the door as... well, hey, I'm brand new... :thumbsup: and am really enjoying this atmosphere of sharing and camaraderie.

So my hats off to you/us GMTNation- Journey started, job well done the future looks so bright we'll have to wear shades.

Paul
aka-Tuberattler

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Glad you like it! :thumbsup:

Our goal is to keep this community growing and reaching out to all GM truck owners, while keeping it real by having it owned by enthusiasts. And while this is still a very new site, the members here have such an incredible amount of knowledge that most questions can be answered and problems addressed.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks for the kind words. This forum is amazing and has an incredible knowledge base.

Glad you are here!

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Tuberattler said:
[COLOR="#4B0082"

Now, I didn't know the right course of action to take on getting my beloved Envoy back to her old self. [SIZE=1][COLOR="#FF0000"](don't dis me for referring to the Envoy as female as I'd rather be driving a female any day of the week as opposed to a, er a male so to speak)[/COLOR]
as I haven't had to work on my cars for the last 20 or so years. I've been selling Real Estate and up until this recent economy I haven't had to. I'm not apologizing, just sayin'.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I refer to my vehicles as female too, mine is named Jasmine. Who refers to their SUVs as male? "Oh man, I LOVE hitting the mud in Bruce, my Envoy."

I CAN afford to pay others to work on my vehicle for me, but I certainly don't want to! Around here at least, the average hourly rate for a mechanic is $100+; I don't value my weekend off duty hours THAT high! Have fun with it, the mod bug will probably bite you eventually too. This is a fantastic community and resource unlike any other vehicle I've owned over the 14 years or so I've been driving. Welcome, enjoy, and if you do get your hands dirty please take pictures and share your successes and failures to add to the GMTNation knowledge base.

Cheers,

LT

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Welcome buddy! Would have thought form your post that you were female, the color and the font came across as very feminine. Welcome non-the less!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Welcome to the Nation! This truly is a great site to be a part of. :thumbsup:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome !!!
Me007gold said:
...the color...came across as very feminine. ...
Actually, purple is the unwritten community standard for a sarcasm tag, such as "The OS really appreciates the Roadie's years of posts". :rotfl:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome to the site.

There is a great group of people here, most try to be helpful in different ways. I have had the pleasure to meet just a handful in person and hope to meet more.

Dec 4, 2011
djthumper said:
Welcome to the site.

There is a great group of people here, most try to be helpful in different ways. I have had the pleasure to meet just a handful in person and hope to meet more.

Living in Vegas if you were to offer food and lodgings you could probably meet a WHOLE lot more. LOL :eek::eek:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
RedEnvoyDenal said:
Living in Vegas if you were to offer food and lodgings you could probably meet a WHOLE lot more. LOL :eek::eek:

LOL, don't have the room and I work a regular job away from the strip. :smile: Now meeting up with people is a different story, it just depends on my schedule if I can meet up. We had a meet down here with a group of guys during SEMA, which may become an annual meet. The only thing that can make that better is getting more Vegas people on the site. I have met fishsticks up in Vancouver, WA when I was up there on vacation. I hope to make it to the northwest again this summer.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online