Wouldn't be that easy.....

Freddy G.

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Keyless entry stopped working. Yes I have noticed the distance was getting shorter and shorter till I got back to work and tried to lock my truck from right beside it and Nothing. Yes I bought a new battery and still nothing. Like the Title says. Wouldn't be that easy..........or?

Ace1875

Mar 29, 2012
Freddy G. said:
Keyless entry stopped working. Yes I have noticed the distance was getting shorter and shorter till I got back to work and tried to lock my truck from right beside it and Nothing. Yes I bought a new battery and still nothing. Like the Title says. Wouldn't be that easy..........or?

go to autozone or advance and look for those keyless entry transmitter tester they have mounted by the counters. This tool would allow for you to test the transmitter to verify that it is in fact creating a signal. you may want to try to resynchronize the transmitter by holding the lock and unlock buttons down for about 30 seconds while standing next to the vehicle.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Freddy G. said:

I would look close at the connections in the key fob they are know for breaking loose

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Do your rear wiper motor and defogger wires still work in the liftgate?

Freddy G.

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Yes. Wiper motor still works and Defrosters....Well it's Florida. But they have worked when I used them, however 2 lines thru the Rear Window never did work since I got the Envoy, but the rest of the lines do.

MMIN

Feb 26, 2012
First step is to find your spare remote if you have one and try that to narrow it down. If that works, you either have a bad remote, a bad battery in the remote, or it needs to be reprogrammed. As mentioned the contacts come off on most all GM remotes we solder them back on all the time and they are usually good as new. They don't usually break loose completely until your battery dies and you go to push the new one in.. If the remote has to be reprogrammed, the procedure is usually on the back or inside of the cover. Try the spare first if neither are good and your pretty sure they have good batteries and are programmed then I would start looking towards the liftgate wires.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
So the data communication line to the LGM still works. and LGM power. The antenna wire on the LGM that receives the keyfob transmission might be grounding out with cut insulation somewhere near the LGM. I'd pull the liftgate inner trim panel and have a look see.

I assume you ALREADY tried your second keyfob, but if you haven't, then just buy one or two on Ebay for cheap and program them to try them out.

Freddy G.

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I will go to AutoZone on Monday and check if my remote works. Then go from there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online