Won't start again after being run

DenaliHD66

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Twice in the last two days now... drive around for a while, or just a bit, shut it off to go into the store or something, come back out 5-10 mins later and its hard to start. This morning, it was off for maybe 3-4 minutes, came back out, it fired up, with the SES light on, and was just sputtering at about 200 RPMs at a slightly rough and lopey idle. Is the engine getting flooded or something? I wait about another minute then start it up again, and it comes on just fine. Maybe something in the fuel system isn't shutting off when I turn the truck off?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
You've been here long enough to know the drill. :wink:

Mileage. Maintenance history. What's the code? When did you last clean the throttle body, change the plugs, and check for a clogged air filter and intake manifold vacuum leak?

DenaliHD66

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Everything maintenanced, can't recall if starter was ever changed or worked on, I wanna say it has not. SES light doesn't come on when I restart the engine. Intake and throttle body always cleaned and polished. No vacuum leaks as of a couple months ago.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Does it fail to spin? If the starter turns the engine over, I don't see it being related to the starter at all. Fuel...air...spark. Perhaps see if the FPR is flooded by taking off its vacuum hose and smelling. That could cause excess pressure behind the injectors and mess up the mixture.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
FPR (Fuel pressure regulator) The small vacuum hose attached to the drivers side of the intake resonator has a couple right angle bends and goes to the FPR.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online