Wish I'd known 9-7x wheels started at 18"

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Currently rolling with new Firestones on 17" N77 wheels, which I've never really liked. I especially hate how the aftermarket center caps fly off with abandon. Need to hit a pick-a-part one of these days, I suppose.

Look fairly regularly on my local CL for other options, and whenever I come across wheels from a 9-7x, I invariably like them. Found a set yesterday in a style I'd not seen before that was marked as 17", and agreed on a price for them - thought I was set to pick them up today. Then I found out that the ad was wrong, and there's no stock 9-7x wheel smaller than an 18" :Banghead:

At least I found that out yesterday before I drove 60+ miles to get the wheels.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Even I thought the ones on the I6 version of the 9-7x were 17". Different style but not size. They're all 18" except the Aero which is 20".

mfnman88

Nov 12, 2016
Dundee
My I6 Saab came with 18s, the SS brakes, and the "horizontal hole" swaybar shared with the Envoy Denali even though its listed wrong on every major auto parts store website. Probably more I haven't found yet. I'm guessing Saab requested the "best" of every option be put on their vehicles when they agreed to slap thier badge on the trailblazer. lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My I6 Saab came with 18s, the SS brakes, and the "horizontal hole" swaybar shared with the Envoy Denali even though its listed wrong on every major auto parts store website. Probably more I haven't found yet. I'm guessing Saab requested the "best" of every option be put on their vehicles when they agreed to slap thier badge on the trailblazer. lol
What year? I think the swaybar is only affected by year, not model.

mfnman88

Nov 12, 2016
Dundee
What year? I think the swaybar is only affected by year, not model.
2008. It's possible someone switched it out before I bought it. I not original owner. as far as wheels and brakes go though I know for sure the stock are 18" and the bigger SS rotors. 135mm if memory serves

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
all 2008 have those sway bar links.

Reactions: xavierny25

mfnman88

Nov 12, 2016
Dundee
Is that all trailvoys or just certain models. AutoZone and orielys computers only show this style when you lookup the Yukon Denali

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
All of them. Parts stores are horrible places to try and get accurate info. Far better to just give them a part number so they can't screw up. Well---it lessens their chances to screw up but they still manage.

Martyelzz4

Jan 3, 2013
Sprague, WA
2008. It's possible someone switched it out before I bought it. I not original owner. as far as wheels and brakes go though I know for sure the stock are 18" and the bigger SS rotors. 135mm if memory serves

Well, the Rotors on my 2008 Saab 5.3i are 12.80" which seems to be 325.12 mm according to the Microsoft calculator/converter function.

Last edited:

mfnman88

Nov 12, 2016
Dundee
I spent 30 min at a store a couple days ago. went through 4 registers and 2 managers before they broke my points card and gave me a 20$ discount for my hassles

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
"The engineering of the 9-7x included a lower ride height of 1 inch, updated bushings and dampers, quicker steering, Additional braces between the cross members and frame, Firmer springs and shocks, Larger front anti-roll bars, Larger brakes, Specific Dunlop tires and a Limited-slip differential"

Seems to be some of the SS stuff standard on them...the height, steering ratio, roll bars and brakes.

Reactions: mfnman88

mfnman88

Nov 12, 2016
Dundee
Awesome. thanks for the info

@Martyelzz4
You sir are correct. I don't know what I was thinking typing 135mm. That's like the diameter of a can of beans.
The large Rotors are 324.9mm (2nd picture HERE)
and normal Rotors are 305mm (2nd picture HERE)

Last edited:

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Just put some '08 Saab 9-7x wheels on my '04 envoy

You're killing me. You know what I'm ready to swap my wheels out for?
Steelies (I kid you not) :rotfl:

Reactions: xavierny25

Nexus1155

Jan 26, 2012
Reprise. Tbh what im going to do is go to the junky and get 3 more steelie 17" spares for my envoy. They came with Forteras stock. Not great, maybe some dryrot bc never used, but they are a decent tire and wheel for $20 a pop.

gy_fortera_hl_ed_owl_pdpcrop.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online